Franklin J says hello and thank you

by franklin J 17 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

to all of my forum friends ,

Thank you all for the kind words of support. Life does have its ups and downs....

I have not been posting for a while due to family responsiblities and lack of time.

My elderly mother ( the driving JW force who not only devoted her life to the Watchtower; but also converted her brothers and sisters) had a massive stroke this spring. She is severly incapacitated and requires 24 hour care. I do not think she will survive much longer. When I left the religion many years ago; and my parents left with me, my mother begged me not to write a letter dissassociating myself. Out of respect for her wishes I did not write it. It does not matter; my disconnection from that disfunctional way of life was complete long ago; without a letter to prove it.

However, with my mothers passing will go the "last vestige" of that religion. Although she was not practicing; she still referred fondly to her days in "the Truth".

She thinks I am my father. He passed 3 years ago. I always correct her; and tell her that I am her son; but if it brings her comfort at this stage, I cannot see the harm.

My wifes mother died suddenly on Memorial day. She lived in the maids cottage on my property and my wife took it very hard. My wife also recently lost her sister to breast cancer. We are dealing with it.

My house is undergoing a very lengthy and thorough renovation ( while we are living there)....almost over. We have been trying to do this major renovation work for 3 years and every time we went to start; someone in the family died and we had to shelve the project.

I have learned to " eat, drink, and be merry". My wife and I have another drink and smile; tomorrow will be better.

Anyway; my wife and kids are healthy; my kids are still the sparkle in my life ; and that is all that really matters.

thank you all, Frank

• blondie
    blondie

Whenever I think my day is full, I will think of you and your wife, Franklin. Your parents raised you right with love. It was good you could all leave the WTS at the same time and be a real family.

Love, Blondie

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Your posts really helped me when I was leaving the Borg initially, Franklin. It's nice to hear from you again.

GBL

• Shania
    Shania

So sorry for all your pain and suffering, this will certainly be the year you'll never forget. Thank you for poking in and saying hi, we miss you but we know how much you are needed by your family. May your mom have peace of heart and mind in her days to come, sympathy to your wife and a big group hug to you Franklin....................

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

You and your family will be in my thoughts. It's nice to see you again and look forward to when you come back.

Best Regards,

littlerockguy

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

(((( Franklin ))))

I am so very sorry for all the losses you've been through this year. This is tough stuff. I have also missed you.

Hugs and love.

Brenda

• kazar
    kazar

Franklin, it is good to hear from you although you have had a tough year of tribulations. Happy to hear that you and your family are coping will with it. Better luck for the future and keep in touch.

• delilah
    delilah

(((((((((((((((((((((Franklin)))))))))))))))))))) I'm so sorry you have had such an awful year....nice to see you are back... Life is so precious, spend as much time as you can with your mother, and especially with your family.....they are most important.

Delilah

• alw
    alw

Thinking of you - alw

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Franklin J -

I have missed your posting. Sorry to hear of the reasons for such. Hope that you and the family work thru the pain of these matters.

Your comments rang a real bell with me. My Mom was mentally bound to the 'truth' for decades after becoming inactive. I found the 'truth of the Truth' a few months before she died, but remained silent on the matter for her sake. She died believing that it was the 'truth' and I saw no reason to upset her thinking in her final months of life. I am glad I did it that way in the end. She never knew we left the organization and I think she was happier in that way.

Thoughts and well wishes with you.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit