Rising gas prices, field service, meetings

by Jourles 21 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

If I was an active JW, I would miss many meetings, not because I can't afford gas, but because it would be money thrown away for nothing.

• carla
    carla

can't talk now, looking for my bicycle pump.

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT
    "A man, can be a fun thing..."

And so I found out...

Carla, there are other ways besides bicycle pumps.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

nothing hotter than an apostate chick pumping up the tires on her ten-speed

bethel

• I quit!
    I quit!

I don't think it will effect the city areas because their home, KH and territory are all within a few mile radius of each other and they usually car pool for service (selling magazines and books). But I do know one thing, if I were still a JW I would be using it as an excuse not to go out.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I've used it as an excuse in the past. Now, I would have really used it, except that I don't go anymore and that's OK.

Kwin

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

lol, all those people who drive across 2 or 3 territories to get to a congregation that they like must really be feeling the pinch.

• tfsm
    tfsm

Back in the pioneer days I would drive to the most remote territories I could check out just because... well you know- I had to waste time. My car got really good mileage so even though I only worked part-time, I could afford to drive an hour and a half to talk to one or two people. If I was really lucky there would be nobody home. Then I would drive back to the KH after half a day. I wish I had a nickle for every hour that I counted as "service" when I was really banging away at my regular-pioneer girlfriend. God, those were the days. We were the picture of hypocrisy.

• enigmatic
    enigmatic

<div> I wish I had a nickle for every hour that I counted as "service" when I was really banging away at my regular-pioneer girlfriend. God, those were the days. We were the picture of hypocrisy. LMAO tfsm, way to go! ....tapping on doors so light hoping no one would come to the door...</div>

• bitemeWT
    bitemeWT
    I wish I had a nickle for every hour that I counted as "service" when I was really banging away at my regular-pioneer girlfriend.

Holy crap!

And I thought I was bad!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit