Got Those World Didn't End in 1975 Birthday Blues

by professor 11 Replies latest jw friends

• professor
    professor

Yesterday was my birthday. Sometimes I wish I was still a JW cuz then I wouldn't have disappointing birthdays! Then again, I can probably deal with the disappointment better cuz I have nothing to compare it with. I dunno. Have a nice day!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Chin up Bro! And have a Happy Birthday!!

• professor
    professor

Thanks!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Sometimes I wish I was still a JW cuz then I wouldn't have disappointing birthdays!

Sheesh!, NOTHING is worth THAT!!

Birthdays, Christmas, New Year, etc., they're all what WE make them! My wife, two boys and I have now celebrated two birthdays, two Christmases and two New Years since leaving the Borg (my two daughters are still in it ) and we had a great time. Already I'm being asked what I'd like for Christmas this year and we're all getting excited about it - and it isn't even October yet!

I don't know your circumstances but you sound a little depressed! Rejoice in the fact that you are FREE of the Borg and are able to choose for yourself what you'd like to do and not do.I wish you a VERY HAPPY (BELATED) BIRTHDAY.

Go out and treat yourself to a good meal. You deserve it!

Buy something you will enjoy, even if its' chocolate

Be HAPPY - because we're all happy for you!

Ian

• under74
    under74

Happy belated birthday. I think it can be disappointing sometimes but as Dansk pointed out nothing is worth being a JW again. I think it might have to do with how many you've actually celebrated. last year I had a pretty bad birthday...fights with siblings....family members and some friends that forgot....BUT this year was better. However I'd promised myself to make it better...even if the people around me were difficult. Have a drink and a cupcake. Treat yourself

• young hearts, be free..
    young hearts, be free..

Aw, come on old boy-enjoy the fact that you can celebrate something about yourself and not feel as if you're commiting idolatry !! :)

• carla
    carla

Happy Belated Birthday!

• luna2
    luna2

Another Belated Happy Birthday here, professor!

Holidays and birthdays can be difficult when you've spent years pushing people away (because they aren't JWs). They get used to the fact that you don't celebrate anything and I think it takes quite some time before they remember that now you do. Of course, if much of your family are still dubs, they're never going to acknowledge these things. There's also the fact that as you get older, even never having been a JW, people tend to let birthdays slide. I've decided that you have to make the effort yourself if you want to do something. Throw a party like Sirona did or invite friends over for a few beers or out to dinner.

• JW83
    JW83

Happy birthday Professor!

• Legolas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit