Think Stephen King has personal experience with JWs? (long read)

by AllAlongTheWatchtower 13 Replies latest social entertainment

• avishai
    avishai

It's a FUN ride!!!

• AllAlongTheWatchtower
    AllAlongTheWatchtower

Everyone had good points, I'm probably wrong about it but it still struck me as so odd that I just had to post about it. Especially the part where it says "they stick mostly to houses that look temporarily empty". Reminded me so much of what I have seen some users here say about hating field service, checking houses to make sure the driveway was empty, curtains closed, lights off, etc to make sure they wouldn't actually have to deal with the homeowner.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Mr. King is from my mom's hometown (yep, right up there by Danny Haszard.) Mom hung out with when they were kids, and she briefly dated his brother. As the gene pool in Maine is pretty shallow, especially up Bangor/Brewer way, he's probably very distantly related to me. I've met him a few times. I know for a fact that he's met and talked to plenty of witnesses; not only have they targeted him as a prime candidate for assimilation, but he, in turn, finds them entertaining to talk to. I never got the impression that he took them all that seriously, however.

Funny little story: My jw cousin met him a number of years ago at the place where we worked (Mr. King was there occasionally, being on the board of directors or something.) They talked a bit, and he ended up naming one of the characters in The Green Mile (one of the prison guards) after my cuz. It's a little-known fact that King puts real people's names in his books. All the people in Salem's Lot were kids he went to school with, and I think my mom's name was used for some chick who got killed.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    and I think my mom's name was used for some chick who got killed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit