Russell as "That Servant"; Re: Dunsscot

by AlanF 82 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

To the casual observer it sure does seem like duns is concentrating on everything but the matter at hand. Interesting

#######

i caught that as well

he must be out in water a little to deep- need to duck and evade like we have seen over and over loyal jw do when it gets a little too hot

james

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

You can always rely on Duns to evade the facts. He can never be accused of honesty...

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Dunscott is avoiding the issue a la Clinton. Everything about nothing, and at all cost avoid the evidence presented. I sometimes wonder if Billy boy was around and associated with the jdubs at a tender time of his life. He sure seems to emulate them in avoiding all evidence presented. What I see is lack of refuting the evidence presented by Alan, and he Dunscott shaking his finger saying I did not have sex with that ...... etc. Sure and even if huh!!!! Buff

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

:i caught that as well

he must be out in water a little to deep- need to duck and evade like we have seen over and over loyal jw do when it gets a little too hot:

You guys will try anything to exonerate your hero and champion. The FACT is that he wrongly said I made an error when I typed "Quod erat demonstrandum." Alan does not know what he is talking about. You guys are too proud to admit he is mistaken in the face of clear evidence.

Duns the Scot

"Nobody is taller than himself or herself."

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

:You can always rely on Duns to evade the facts. He can never be accused of honesty...:

You can never be accused of honesty or positivity. You're just negative, all the time. What a sad existence. Now tell AF he was wrong about QED!

Duns the Scot

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Sure. As soon as you admit you were wrong about Russell.

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

(clucks tongue in sympathy) Gee dunny it sucks to get called on your total lack of integrity, doesn't it? Now remember, you aren't an elder here either, so don't tell folks what to do! Pointing out your idiocies is not negative OR dishonest...but it is typical of your Jdub mindset to try to diminish your own culpability by pointing fingers. Strain that gnat dunnywiper!

LOLOL at dunny, who is one of the most stunningly dishonest pseudointellectuals Mommie has ever encountered. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

AF,

:: I find it amazing how someone can type so many words and say nothing. Not one thing you typed PROVES (apodictically or otherwise) that Brother Russell called himself: "God's mouthpiece." That was your original contention, AF. Are did you want us to miss the wood for all the trees you planted in that last submission?

:No, Dummy, I are [sic] did not want you to miss any wood (please note that the expression is not about wood, but woods; you do know that there's a difference, I hope). In fact, I gave complete quotes of the discussion, enough for you not to have made such a stupid error as you did here [awkward phrasing]. The point I made about Russell claiming to be "God's mouthpiece" was not something you challenged [Wrong!]. Therefore it needed no justification [Wrong!]. Had you challenged that particular claim, I would certainly have provided the documentation, as I do below. Let me point out just what sentences you have not understood, by bolding the appropriate ones in the material in my first post in this thread:

You evidently do not possess a basic knowledge of English. One can use the term "wood" in English to describe a forest. Methinks you need to beg MIT for some of that money you evidently spent on English and history classes.

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    :::: ... JW leaders claim to be in their positions not because of a promise made to one of their ancestors, but because JW (more properly, Bible Student) leaders from roughly 1880 to 1919 were so superior in every important way to other Christians that God selected them as his special earthly spokesmen.

::: I do not think that your statement aptly describes the attitude of JW leadership. The Proclaimers book shows that other groups had a measure of the truth besides the Bible Students. But Russell thought that JWs were able to piece more of the biblical puzzle together through God's spirit. Russell and other men at that time believed that God's favor shone on them because of the scriptural understanding they had acquired. However, Russell was not haughty about the gems of truth available to the Bible Students at that time.

:: Of course he was. Would you like me to produce reams of documentation to prove it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note the basic flow of thought here:

Dummy: Russell wasn't haughty.
    AlanF: Sure he was. I can prove it with quotes.

Then I expanded on my claim with further statements about Russell's teachings:

quote:
    :: He called himself "God's mouthpiece". He taught that anyone who failed to read his books would, within two years, "go off into darkness". If I told you, dunsscot, that I was God's mouthpiece and that if you didn't study and apply my writings every day you'd go off into darkness in short order, you'd rightly claim that I was haughty. You display a double standard here.

: Calling oneself "God's mouthpiece" does not mean one is necessarily haughty. Of course, I would expect documentation for such a claim and for the statement concerning Russell's books. One or two pieces of evidence will do. But the historical evidence shows that Russell was a humble brother...

How could you make such a rudimentary mistake, AF? I clearly wrote: "Calling oneself 'God's mouthpiece' does not mean one is necessarily haughty. Of course, ***I would expect documentation for such a claim*** AND for the statement concerning Russell's books. One or two pieces of evidence will do."

Are you having a problem understanding Standard or non-Standard English again?

:Since I had made a statement about providing documentation proving that Russell was haughty, and Dummy asked me to produce it, that's exactly what I did. Dummy certainly did not ask for documentation about Russell's calling himself "God's mouthpiece", and so I did not feel it necessary to produce it.:

I think you are either blind or obtuse or both. My request was crytal clear. How could you misunderstand what I was saying, AF?

:I did miss Dummy's request for documentation about "the statement concerning Russell's books", and for that I repent in dust and ashes.:

That is not the only thing you missed.

More on your quotes later,
    Dan

Duns the Scot

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

:Sure. As soon as you admit you were wrong about Russell.:

That is just it. I was not wrong about Russell. Did you not read my comments?

Duns the Scot

• dunsscot
    dunsscot

:(clucks tongue in sympathy) Gee dunny it sucks to get called on your total lack of integrity, doesn't it? Now remember, you aren't an elder here either, so don't tell folks what to do!:

I had hoped you would be honest enough to tell your friend that he was wrong about QED. I guess I was mistaken for once in my life.

:Pointing out your idiocies is not negative OR dishonest...but it is typical of your Jdub mindset to try to diminish your own culpability by pointing fingers. Strain that gnat dunnywiper!
    LOLOL at dunny, who is one of the most stunningly dishonest pseudointellectuals Mommie has ever encountered. LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!:

A neither . . . nor correlative would have worked better above. At any rate, your perpetual negativity continues. Instead of waiting for my reply to AF, you have already made up your mind and continue to defend him at all costs. What a woeful existence! You are dishonesty personified.

Duns the Scot

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit