If God wants us to 'find' him, why doesn't he make it a little easier?

by JW72 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

So, JW72, "God has and is letting you believe that...". And AGuest has the "freedom" to say that, too. He has the "freedom" to call a sow's ear a silk purse if he wants, but that doesn't make it so.

Actually, if the concept of free will has any meaning at all, you'd kinda expect that God would "let" you believe whatever you wanted, huh?

I suppose our friend here must actually be a Presbyterian masquerarading as a JW if he thinks God is "letting" you believe what your free will dictates.

Freedom really isn't free if it's conditional - like the love of JWs - is it? And a person must stop and really consider what he's saying as opposed to letting his knee jerk if he wants to wax philosophical.

Francois

NOTE TO GOVERNING BODY: You've been challenged to a debate, boys. Dont you have ANY balls?

• AGuest
    AGuest

JW72... may you have peace... and may I say that what, because I tell you the truth I am no longer your friend? You asked questions, and I was permitted to answer EACH one... and provide substantiation from the 'scriptures' and other 'writings'... for YOUR level of faith.

So, I ask: where did I 'err' in responding to you? Please... 'enlighten' me. If you assumed to read something in my 'tone' due to punctuation, etc., please know that it is only my 'style' and certain things only represent 'emphasis', as opposed to condescension, etc.

Frank... may you, too, have peace... and indeed, may I say to you... even my Lord got 'tired'; certainly, my brothers, his disciples did. Some of them, in fact, fell asleep, contrary to his behest, the night he was arrested. Yes? Dear one, I am NO WHERE near the 'caliber' of 'stone' in my Father's temple as any of these are/were. I am neither a 'cornerstone', nor a 'foundation'. I am not even a 'pillar', but merely a stone, and perhaps even nothing more than a 'chink', really... a small piece of granite or some other 'invaluable' material... and do what I can... as I can.

I have noticed that more and more, you seem to be taking offense at my words... and indeed my posts in general. Is there some 'issue' between you and I that needs to be brought out and resolved? Is it my 'long-windedness'? If so, for that I apologize... hey, I get on my OWN 'nerves' sometimes... but I can only be 'me'. Yes? If it is something else, however, please... 'enlighten' me. As my Lord is recorded to have said:

"If you are bringing your gift to the altar and there
    realize that your brother has something against you,
    leave your gift there and go make peace with your
    brother, then come and offer up your gift."

In the 'spirit' of that admonishment, then, Frank... the spirit of LOVE... I say to you... let's 'deal' with this, so that we can both move on... in love. Okay?

What say YOU?

I am,

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit