Elders = Amateur Lawyers | Case Study Marriage Separation - Society scolded

by confusedjw 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Golf
    Golf

<
    confusejw, hey, one my letters to the org was 20 pages in length. I quoted from the scriptures and their publication, to NO avail! And they say, if you first don't succeed, try again, yeah right.

Golf

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I remember the "elders" coming over when I was having marriage differences(we foolishly asked them to). One was a friend, the other could not stand the sight of me. My friend told me before, what ever John says just agree. I assume John was going to us the time to put the boot in.

This fool got no background information, centred on a couple of recent issues(which he got tottally wrong) and generally insulted both of us with his egotistical judgements. He didn't ask any questions and it was obvious that he had made his mind on the situation before entering our house!

My friend just sat there and said nothing as good new "elders" do. He actually knew a lot but was too worried about getting his arse kicked later and losing his position.

Finally I got sick of his pontificating and told him to watch his mouth, actually to get out. He had want he wanted and I was blackbanned from "priviliges".

My wife and I realised at that point that we were going to have to resolve our own issues without christian brotherly support....

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I've got a jw brother who is married but for the last 10 years he has been living in Massachusetts and his wife has been living in Rhode Island. He still wears his wedding ring but they are never together. Go figure. Perhaps the new system will change his living arrangement.

Yep...It will change for the better.In the new system they will be forced to screw each other as they are still legally man and wife

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Very good point, Fairmind.

It was the elders that decided that the differences between my wife and I were irreconcilable because I posed a "spiritual danger".

Same here. My JW wife did take their advice and leave me but she asked to come back 5 months later even though I insisted I would never be a JW again. Oh, and when she moved back in she then decided to inform me she had racked up 5 grand on her credit card.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    racked up 5 grand on her credit card.

Classic Dubette behaviour...good thing she's not "worldly"...

It's especially sad when they come back pregnant...I've seen it happen more than once.

Ah the blessings of "marrying only in the lord"...

What would happen if we were cursed?

u/d

• Honesty
    Honesty

Wait, brothers. Let's reason on this.

Scholar, scholar, scholar, where are you?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    So frightening that these men who have no training or proper guidance are out there meddling in people's marriages.

This is so true. I find it laughable that elders attempt to address problems with people and they are in no way qualified to do so. Its really unethical for these men to do this. The JW elder arrangement is a sham!

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

The problem is that rather than "help" what the Elders or Min. Serv.are trained to do is assess and judge. I never had any, any training to help folks communicate with each other or to use insightful questions to understand the issues in the troubled relationship. I was taught to ask who did what to who and when. Then use a couple pet generic texts to shame everyone then use a New World script or two. When sufficiently shamed, and there was really nothing done serious enough to df, we would smile and tell them we would be available for further help (watching) and they should to go to the meetings and field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit