Pictures of Paradise

by gringojj 39 Replies latest jw friends

• jstalin
    jstalin

jgnat - I enjoyed that article. A couple of those pics I've never seen before. They made me laugh out loud here at the office. It amazes me that people look at that and say "Yes! I want to roll around in the fields with pandas!"

Who defined that idea of paradise? I would be miserable. I hate fruit, I enjoy living in the city, and I love riding my motorcycle. Those pictures look closer to hell than paradise to me.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

jgnat....I loved that article when I read it before. BTW, it is interesting that Islamic geometrical art is so compelling to look at and is motivated by an ideological aniconism (whereas kingdom halls draw on austerity as well); I wish kingdom halls had the visual beauty found in many mosques or churches...

gringojj...Great observation! It is when you start noticing the things that are missing that you realize what is already there.

• Legolas
    Legolas

I remember some elders saying that there wouldn't be cars or airplanes and stuff!

I asked well how can I travel then to see the world!

• luna2
    luna2

Sorry, legolas. You'll have to walk...like Jesus.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Yea....But I can't walk on water

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Legolas...Don't worry! If you live forever on a paradise earth, you literally have all the time in the world to see everything, meet everyone who has ever lived, many times over, by walking as slowly as an inch a day. And you'll get to do this as many times as you can count! Sounds like fun? I also can't wait to eat my braised slow-roasted rotisserie chicken peach, my bloody rare barbequed pork apple, and my tasty smoked ribs watermellon. Yum!!

Don't worry about walking on water. You can't die in the new world. So don't worry about drowning or dying from thirst. You'll get to doggie-paddle your way around the Pacific, and get a nice suntan at the same time too (and suntans are great! no cancer!)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I remember some elders saying that there wouldn't be cars or airplanes and stuff!

I asked well how can I travel then to see the world!

I see a tremendous income earning potential here. I'll start a horse, camel, elephant, and sea turtle rental business. You can see the world, and you'll have eternity to do it. Wanna buy a franchise? W

• Legolas
    Legolas

Phew! Thanks Leolaia...I was a bit worried there for a sec!

When we are there maybe we can get the families(who's ever left) together and bbq a ham banana, and have some beer juice to drink!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Ok Finally I take the horse business!

• startingover
    startingover

Hey everybody! Are you forgetting you have to trust in Jehovah and he will supply your every need?

That's the response I get when I bring this up, immediately followed by the head going back in the sand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit