by carlitos 25 Replies latest jw friends

• carlitos
  • Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

Tell us about yourself!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome! I assume that's your child in your avatar? Beautiful!

Dave

• mouthy
    mouthy

((((((((HUGS)))))))))) & a very big welcome.... Pull up a chair & enjoy the unconditional love. I am the eldest on line 78 so if I ruffle your feathers at any time put it down to the RUSTY YEARS ( they aint ll that golden)

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

[Minnie Pearl] HOWWwww-dEE!

• Ellie
    Ellie

Oh, hi, and welcome

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Welcome!!!

(Is that your daughter? )

• carlitos
    carlitos

sorry about that, I pressed Enter before I even finished. I would like to start out by saying that this Forum is an ADDICTION. A day does not go by without me going to the Forum and reading all of the new posts.(I've done this for the last two years without posting. I realized my time had come to have an opinion/statement). My story: Grew up in this religion for over 25 years and got out of it 5 or 6 years ago. I used to be a MS and a good candidate for Elder, if I say so myself. I was married to a JW for over 8 years, realized it was mistake getting married at early age(no kids), stopped going to meetings after watching people, families, relationships, etc...just to hell in a handbasket(mentally) due to the Organization's rules and regualtions. I also noticed over the years the lack of interest in their own religion's history or recent changes in creed. When the "new" information came out in 1995 concerning "this generation", as I commented with several elders about the monumental change in doctrine and how this would mean that there would be other changes to come, these elders themselves did not understand this "new" information. It sort of baffled me that these "holy" elders chosen by a holy spirit couldn't comprehend such information. But oh well, I thought to myself back then, "They are humans so just forgive and forget". Fortunately, I left several years later, got a divorce from my JW wife(since she would not have any of my individual thoughts and I could care less about elders at that point in my life) and remarried to an understanding and thoughtful person. We currently have one child and I am going to college, planning to get a master's in Education and/or Counseling(since I went to a trade school in the late 80's since college was so "evil" and later realized that trade shools are somewhat worthless) and make as much money as I can in order to save for a good retirement, now that I have realized that I will get old in this "present system" and I am counting on no one to save my ass financially. Well, this is my story and I am sticking to it. I just hope that many more people come to a realization(like many of you on this Forum) that this Organization is a "snare and a racket" that entraps you when you are weak and makes your life miserable if you dare think of leaving.

• carlitos
    carlitos

what is the secret to having paragraphs? When I created my post, it was in three a paragraph form, but when I posted, it all went into one full paragraph. yes, that is my daughter celebrating that godforsaken Halloween in a Notre Dame cheerleader outfit. She is the sunshine in both of our lives.

• I quit!
    I quit!

Hi Carlitos,

Glad you're out. It doesn't sound like you'll be going back anytime soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit