Welcome Born Again!!!!

by Legolas 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Tell us a little about yourself!

• Born-Again
    Born-Again

Hey - thanks for the welcome..

My name is Chris - I was born and raised as a JW in Australia.

The short version is -

I grew up with 4 bros and a sis - I was abused by my elder father - yada yada.....baptized at 13 (not by choice) married at 18 (not by choice) and tried my whole life to be the best Christian I could be (according to JW)....it was becoming increasingly impossible to live up to the JW format - became a pioneer and a MS - didnt help, I was still questioning everything.

Finally left 2 years or so ago at age 35 - and am now a born again Christian at the 4 square Gospel church...I am the drummer in the band at Church and enjoy a free life in Christ alone.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Whoa hold on a second, you just got through telling us about personal responsibility, and then you say you got married-not by choice, and got baptized-not by choice, so which is it? Did your parents force you into these?

Dave

• Legolas
    Legolas

Nice to meet you! What does your family think of it all? Are they still 'in'?

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcom Born-again....I understand the "not by choice" she was probably pregnant so you had to right????like me!!!!

• Born-Again
    Born-Again

Yes - J.G. I took personal responibility for it - thats why I am still married after 19 years.....and thats why I decided to leave JW's my choice.

No my wife wasnt pregnant Mouthy - we were not allowed to date any more our parents forbid it - so we had to get married as we werent allowed to just move in together before mariage. Mouthy we believed as we still do that sex before marriage is wrong.

• Born-Again
    Born-Again

Yes Legolas - most of my family is still in JW's...

My sis is the only one who talks to us - she is out.

We lost our life long friends as well - but I dont feel anger to them I feel sorry for them....It must be hard to be so horrible.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

By the way I believe I know which board you are talking about, and yes its most likely me. I havent posted on there in a while, I used to get on there and debate with Barryrob, but he eventually quit coming there,so my work was finished there.

Dave

• I quit!
    I quit!

Nice to meet you.

Did your wife bust out also or is she still dubbed?

• Born-Again
    Born-Again

No my wife didnt want to leave - I got her the 2 books - crisis of conscience and christian freedom...then she wanted out too. Which I was happy about otherwise it would have been way more difficult for me to leave - but of course still would have.

Yes dave thats the site - I am bornagain from that site..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit