Not fully applying scriptures

by XBEHERE 19 Replies latest jw friends

• kid-A
    kid-A

There are certainly individual witnesses that will not hesitate to help out a "worldly" person. Case in point, my parents, my dad is even an elder, have always been there to help out our worldly neighbours in times of crisis. BUT, having said that, the validity of the original post still stands, as an "organization", the first priority of the WTS is to help out their own rather than indiscriminantly help ALL people, regardless of religious affilitation.

• anewme
    anewme

You know folks, thanks. I naively believed you all to have a perspective I might admire.
    It was initially a relief to step away from the JWs and speak about my grievances with the individuals and some of the procedures I grew to dislike.

But I now realize this is a hate based forum. I thought this was a freedom based forum. But clear un biased thinking is not to be found here. There is prejudice and down right hatred for anything related to the JW.

You want to stay around and rip it to shreds. Why not just leave it and move on like healthy people?

And those of you who post the Watchtower and Service meeting parts and witty tirades week after week only to ridicule and destroy the faith of others, but offer nothing in its place, are the little mean gouls of the exdub kingdom here promoting the hatred.

Ozzie saying the preaching work is "crap" was a real eyeopener for me.

Enjoy your little kingdub here, your underworld of hopelessness.

I will speak against you and your forum out there in the sunshine and the real world.

(Angry more at myself for associating so long with you all here.)

• defd
    defd

WOW anewme told it like it is. It made sense. it doesnt apply to ALL here but to some most definitly.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

anewme,

Ozzie likely views the preaching work as, in essence, the spreading of lies in the name of God. I am quickly coming to believe that to be the case. If the objective of the preaching work is not primarily the saving of mankind but is primarily the recruitment of other preachers (donators), then I agree with Ozzie's assessment that their preaching work is crap.

Disdaining opinions of others where they differ from your own is your prerogative, but there are healthier ways to react.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    I will speak against you and your forum out there in the sunshine and the real world.

This is your choice. But lets compare apples to apples shall we. The WTS completely dogs on so called "apostates" as well. Claiming them to be mentally diseased, unstable, spiritually dead, etc. I will tell you this, there are many exJWs who are extremely bitter and angry and some on this forum are like that. Then there are others who are calm, content, helpful. You also realize that there are many JW's who are angry, bitter, and resentful but there are also some who are calm, happy... anyway you get the point! People are people, the beauty of JWD is that you can be both ways and be accpeted and listened to.

Among JWs this is not the case since its either the WTS's way or the highway. Stay and enjoy some enlightening, informative posts by many experienced people. Or go back to the WT if you want, its up to you but remember there are nasty and nice people among both groups so stop being so sensitive.

• delilah
    delilah

Anewme, stated,"But I now realize this is a hate based forum. I thought this was a freedom based forum. But clear un biased thinking is not to be found here. There is prejudice and down right hatred for anything related to the JW.

Please continue to post, if you like , but keep in mind, that many here have been extremely hurt by the WTBTS, and yes, they may be bitter and angry...and quite possibly, for a very LONG time. However, there are many here who view this board, as a place of refuge, if-you-will. A place to unload their burdens, and get things off their chests. It's a place to put it all behind us, some take longer than others to heal their wounds, and eventually some do move on. We all have that choice to make, but some of us like it here, and have made good friends from here.Please don't take it personally, if someone has a beef with the society, they are not angry or bitter with you.Have a nice evening.

Delilah

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee
    anewme said:
    Witnesses are always thinking how they can help their neighbors. Every now and then you hear of it, but it is not widely publicized.

Let's be honest. This is not widely publicized by the Society because if they did people would start helping others in RELIEF work and not do the PREACHING work.

anewme said:
    The WBTS must be very careful to use these funds in a way that promotes true worship first.

Right. They need to spend money on lawyers to fight the Quotes website and defend pedophiles.

anewme said:
    It is the exact footsteps of the son of God.

No it isn't. Read your bible. There is no evidence in scripture that the disciples went cold-calling people at their homes. Their primary means of worship was addressing people in public places - marketplace, synogogues, etc. They only went to people's homes when they showed interest.

anewme said:
    World Wide Work Funds are very precious and come from the brother's limited resources and paychecks.

How do you know? Who told you that?

Have you ever seen an account of the amount of money the WTBTS has in their bank accounts? Has anyone? If I am correct, all you have is the Society "saying" donations are scarce. Do you really think they would SAY "We have plenty of donations. Don't send any for awhile." Do you think they would say that?

The Red Cross gives an accounting for EVERY PENNY spent. Do you see the Society doing this?

I know from firsthand experience the WTBTS make TONS of money off natural disasters. I don't doubt for a second the local brothers helping ARE SINCERE and ARE TRULY HELPING. I was one of those brothers. However, like most of the stuff elders do out of what they believe to be sincerety, is in fact, a carefully orchestrated maneuver by the Society to get the elders (and others) to "feel" like they are doing something right. (John 16:1,2 - Look it up.)

Meanwhile, the Society is laughing all they way to the bank with people's insurance checks.

I am not criticizing the people who donate their time for this work ... what they do is truly helpful to the brothers. Truly. But they really have no idea how much money the Society makes off this stuff. I have posted information on JWD in the past regarding this.

For that I DO criticize the society.

anewme said:And those of you who post the Watchtower and Service meeting parts and witty tirades week after week only to ridicule and destroy the faith of others, but offer nothing in its place, are the little mean gouls of the exdub kingdom here promoting the hatred.

I am one of those guys that posts the weekly BS (sorry ... "book study"). When the Society misquotes dates and misquotes secular authorities I feel we have a right to criticize and call attention to it.

I think there is something offered in its place - freedom. Freedom to research and find answers without feeling like you are going to be sanctioned for it. The last thing anyone would do on this site is PRESSURE someone to believe something else.

Look around man, there are PLENTY of people outside of the Watchtower that have happy and purposeful lives.

-ithinkisee

• kid-A
    kid-A

Why not just leave it and move on like healthy people?

We have left it. This is part of the process of moving on. Peoples lives have likely been saved on this forum. I wonder who is healthier,

people that support a religion that tells you to murder your children in the name of some false bible interpretation about blood transfusions, or people that have seen through this sick pack of psychopathological lies? People who believe in a religion that has made billions of dollars by advocating false dates for the 'end of the world' or people with the intelligence to see these liars and charlatans for what they are?

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

To be fair, kid-A, sometimes it is more than just intelligence. Sometimes it is luck. Sometimes it is just putting oneself in a position to discover information.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Anewme

You forget that we were jws at one time. Myself for 17 yrs.

I know what the wts says in its publications and I know how much time we were encouraged to use helping non witnesses.

Don't try to preach to the non converted.

As far as this site spewing bile, I guess we all see what we want to see.

See ya

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit