Not fully applying scriptures

by XBEHERE 19 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Galatians 6:10- Really, then, as long as we have time favorable for it, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to [us] in the faith.

I was thinking this weekend with hurricane Rita devastating Texas and Louisiana that the JW's really do take care of their own when disasters strike. However if you clearly read that scripture in Galatians it says "work what is good towards ALL" Then it says "espcially those related to us in the faith". I think the WTS is forgetting the ALL part. If they were true christians as they claim wouldnt they be donating money from the WWW fund to the victims of these types of natural disasters? I bet if the branch sent a letter to all congregations stating that they were going to donate some of the Worldwide work funds to ALL disaster victims then most JWs would gladly donate more specifically for that.

I think its sad that other religions have setup fund raisers and actually sent relief funds and efforts to help ALL people that were impacted but the JW's primary concern is their own.

• defd
    defd

How do you know they are NOT!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    How do you know they are NOT!

They never mentioned it at our meeting even when they announced that they were going to send funds from WWW to assist the brothers, no mention was made of helping other people at all. In fact when most of the brothers pray they ask Jah to "have your spirit be with our BROTHERS in the hurricane affected areas"

Do you really think that the WTS is sending some of the worldwide work funds to places such as red cross to assist ALL people in those areas? Now I am not talking about the individual help, I am sure the brothers down there wont turn away the individual or two that obviously is in need. I am referring to a large scale, organized relief effort. Have you ever heard of the WT doing that? Ever?? If so please tell me when, where, how with secular references please.

• anewme
    anewme

At the K.H. yesterday during the closing prayer the brother prayed a lovely prayer thanking God for the hope that one day these devastating natural disasters will be a thing of the past, that all the suffering and sorrow related to them will be forgotten.

You know, the society takes care of the witnesses in the area. Not only are Kingdom Halls rebuilt but individual witness homes are repaired. The Book Study conductors are called upon to make an accounting of all in their group.

After the 89 earthquake in California my husband and I personally went to each witness home in our Book Study and made a list of repairs each needed. A crew of brothers went to work right away and repaired all the chimneys and cracks. One sister's house needed a completely new foundation! The Witness workers were sent out and a beautiful article in our local paper commended the Witnesses for being the first to rebuild on the block. And yes, neighbors contracted the brothers to help with their homes as well.

Witnesses are always thinking how they can help their neighbors. Every now and then you hear of it, but it is not widely publicized.

World Wide Work Funds are very precious and come from the brother's limited resources and paychecks.
    The WBTS must be very careful to use these funds in a way that promotes true worship first.

And lastly, few on the earth want to tackle the preaching work. That is a labor of love that alot would like to dismiss. It is the exact footsteps of the son of God. Do not overly criticize the witnesses. They do take care of their own and help their neighbor when they can.

Anewme,
    of the disfellowshipped, but not hateful class

• defd
    defd

nicely put

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    And lastly, few on the earth want to tackle the preaching work.

Crap!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    They do take care of their own and help their neighbor when they can.

Hmmm.........

Do you understand the parable of the Good Samaritan?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Defd:

nicely put

You forgot to add ".............JW doggerel."

Care to edit your post?

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Ozzie thank you. I can see that your comments are coming from an open-minded, un brainwashed point of view. These other 2 are missing the point of my post. If the branch office specifically sent a letter to say that they will be sending $ to care for all those that are in dire need in these areas BEYOND what they are doing for the brothers already then I am 100% sure most JWs would donate more for that purpose, but they havent done that have they??? Of course they care for their own but Galatians doesnt exclude non-JWs does it.

And to throw out the preaching work as an excuse... please.. if only spiritual help was important then why did Jesus feed the crowds with fish and bread? My point is, if you claim to be christian then please act like it!

• blondie
    blondie

*** Rbi8 Matthew 5:43-48 ***

"YOU heard that it was said, ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 However, I say to YOU: Continue to love YOUR enemies and to pray for those persecuting YOU; 45 that YOU may prove yourselves sons of YOUR Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous. 46 For if YOU love those loving YOU, what reward do YOU have? Are not also the tax collectors doing the same thing? 47 And if YOU greet YOUR brothers only, what extraordinary thing are YOU doing? Are not also the people of the nations doing the same thing? 48 YOU must accordingly be perfect, as YOUR heavenly Father is perfect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit