The Bible...trust in Faith or trust in Fact?

by jgnat 163 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

WELCOME M*A*S*H !!!

Stick around, have some fun. Knock some princes off thrones, trash the language a bit, light one of those gas attacks you became instantly famous for. Basically, have a blast in a forum where every mailbox overhangs the curb and words can be your favorite baseball bat!

SWING AWAY!

Looking forward to your posts.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Shining One
    Shining One

>I understand what you're saying about the way the bible relates things. In all honesty we've evolved a great deal culturally and linguistically, since those days, and I have little doubt that the same events would be recorded differently today. They'd make use of current scientific jargon, for starters, instead of talking about livestock. Can you imagine Jesus relating to a group of New York city kids using parables about sheep-herders? Just aint gonna happen

Right! This is why Jesus works through the body of Christ. He ministers to people through the experiences of each one of us, in whatever culture we happen to be in. If we 'rightly divide the word of truth' and remain obedient to our own calling, He can be very effective through us.
    I relate my conversion to the healing of the blind man in John 9. To paraphrase, "As Jesus and the disciples were passing by a blind man, the disciples asked, 'Did this man sin or his parents that he was born blind.' Jesus replied, 'Neither this man nor his parents sinned but that the glory of God would be revealed in Him. While it is light I must work the works of Him who sent me, when it is dark no one can work. While I am in the world I AM the light of the world.'"
    The blind man was healed of both physical blindness and spiritual blindness. I was like him in my spiritual blindness and as Jesus 'passed by' me I was healed. I was made a new creation in Christ with that divine appointment. The blind man and myself were both healed at the time when it would reveal the glory of God to others who were in my life. You see the blind man stand up to the religious authorities, get booted out of his religion and right into worship of Christ at the end of the chapter.
    He gave me grace and mercy, not justice, may He ever be praised. "God demonstrates His love for us in that even while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

>You need to roll at least 12 on 3D6, or I'm afraid you're history. Thanks for playing

Was that a saving throw he had to make or defense against an attack? (I used to be a player and a game master.
    Rex

• Caedes
    Caedes
    If "Shining One"/Rex inspires sparks like Caedes and M*A*S*H to come out of the woodwork, I say bring 'em on! Delightful play on language, boys. I am in estacy of meaning.

Thanks very much jgnat, an honour and a privilege I'm sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit