The Bible...trust in Faith or trust in Fact?

by jgnat 163 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Defd:
    I respect your candor. Thankyou.

I would leave littletoe. I would go where they tell me too.

That was how I had always felt, too. Then I read John 6:67 - 69 and a light-bulb came on that I hadn't realised was there

Where did Peter go?

Leo:

For even on the laity they impose the functions of the priesthood

Sounds like the Protestant Reformers had a fairly solid basis, then, albeit they merged the "every man is a priest" idea with restraining women from service

• defd
    defd

I respect your candor. ; Thankyou.

I would leave littletoe. I would go where they tell me too.

That was how I had always felt, too. ; Then I read ;John 6:67 - 69 and a light-bulb came on that I hadn't realised was there

Where did Peter go?

Little toe Peter didnt go anywhere. He ask to WHOM, not to where. He stayed with Jesus.That is what I would do. If Jesus told me that the JWS are not truely his Congregations the he is head of then I would leave and go to where he said he was.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

dfed,

and if jesus never appeared to you, why would you go on believing that he exists?

ts

edit: sorry, please continue on with LT.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Defd:Good - I'm pleased to hear that. I couldn't agree more. Scared yet?

So, what organisation were Jesus and Peter part of?

Edited to add: Tetra:
    I'm gonna cry foul, on that one. You're arguing from insufficiency of data. Besides, you know I claim I've met Him, as many of the "anointed" would.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Since we seem to have left the level of exegesis ad usum Regis...

It is quite noteworthy that the Gnostic-sounding motif "neither male nor female" occurs only in Galatians among "Pauline" literature in the broadest sense. Neither in the structurally similar "Jews or Greeks, slaves or free" of 1 Corinthians 12:13, nor even in Colossians 3:11 ("no longer Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave and free") -- although Colossians has the highest concentration of Gnostic technical terms and concepts. The formulae "he who made both into one," "to create both into one new man" in Ephesians 2:14 is very likely diverted from a Gnostic meaning (both genders, cf. 5:31; GThomas 22) to an Ecclesiastic one (both Jews and Gentiles).

Where Galatians belongs in the line running down from Paul to Marcion is still an open question to me...

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

LT,

I'm gonna cry foul, on that one. You're arguing from insufficiency of data. Besides, you know I claim I've met Him, as many of the "anointed" would.

i know. it's all i have to argue from. i just can't help myself sometimes.

i do find it fascinating though (not being sarcastic). if i were an anthropologist, i would love to fly around the world and interview you and others like you ("anointed"?). would you grant an interview to an anthropologist?

TS

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    Defd:Good - I'm pleased to hear that. I couldn't agree more. Scared yet?
    So, what organisation were Jesus and Peter part of?

Little Toe: You mean, before the Christian congregation was established? Well, Jesus and any who confessed him as Christ were expelled from the synagogue (disfellowshipped) weren't they (John 9:22)?

Good question!

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• jgnat
    jgnat

Old Soul, I promise not to mix you up with defd OR Shining One today.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Tetrapod, I heard God. I'd allow myself to be interviewed by an anthropologist. Plus I'm a lot closer.

• Shining One
    Shining One

You are quite welcome, Leolaia.
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit