watchtower quotes national enquirer?

by in a new york bethel minute 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    The situation in the United States is similar. An article in "New York" magazine tells of professional donors who sell a pint of their blood as many as 444 times in a period of only four years. But whether it is bought or not, blood is potentially dangerous. "We estimate that 5,000 patients a year die from complications related to blood transfusions," Dr. Clive O. Callender, transplant director of Howard University Medical College, is quoted as saying. "The most lethal complication is hepatitis. We believe that 1,500 to 3,000 patients die each year from hepatitis related to blood transfusions." ("National Enquirer," May 6, 1975)

i know it's probably petty... and i don't know if the national enquirer was always a tabloid... i just found it interesting

bethel

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I had never noticed a WT quote from the National Inquirer...

*SIGH*

An old joke is coming to mind though...

I just remember the punchline: "O wah ta goo sai yam."

If you don't get it, keep saying the quote as if it was a chant.

-Aude.

• jgnat
    jgnat

It looks like the National Enquirer was ALWAYS second-string.

http://www.bookrags.com/history/popculture/national-enquirer-bbbb-03/

• m. kirov
    m. kirov

the irony of it all is the amount of "blood" on their hands. I am an accountable adult. I am responsible for my own life at this point and spiritual growth, but how many did they kill in the short time I've been on this earth? An old freind from Grant Park congergation almost overdosed recently. One of those truely good people, my heart breaks for him. When he was a kid his dad, like many others JW dads would do, beat him under the guise of discipline. Not a swat on the butt, I mean until he needed medical treatment. No remose from the dad ever, he just let the rest of the elder body pat him on the back--Hey man, spare the rod, and you never know what will happen our kids will surely thank us later.

It's been a rough week and I just keep on thinking about how they indoctinated us (read brainwash) to never stumble our brother. Meanwhile back at the ranch, they raped and pillaged. For some reason tonight I feel like like I'm seeing it for the first time and I am truely dumbfounded, a little sick and worn out.

I'd really like to see some "instant Karma" for them.

• carla
    carla

When was this info put out? Why are they reaching back to a 1975 article? good grief! Do I understand this correctly?

Sorry m. k..., you sound like a kind soul.

• Smiles
    Smiles

The National Enquirer should sue the WT for using that quote.

• ackack
    ackack

There is another National Enquirer quote.. in the creation book.

in the creation book ch 9, pg 124:
    18 Rocket expert Wernher von Braun went a step further when he stated: “The natural laws of the universe are so precise that we have no difficulty building a spaceship to fly to the moon and can time the flight with the precision of a fraction of a second. These laws must have been set by somebody.”8 Scientists who want a rocket to orbit the earth, or the moon, must work in harmony with such universal laws if they are to be successful

• rebel8
    rebel8
    Why are they reaching back to a 1975 article?

I can't answer that, but I can give a little history. The blood banks in the US knew they were using dangerous production techniques back in the '70s, but the govt and the blood banks ignored that for decades. It was well publicized in the US media back then; this is not something the WTS made up (not saying you think that, just blabbing on here)....the WTS unfortunately bastardized this very real health issue for their own purposes--to back up an anti-blood policy very weak on logic and biblical basis. They continue to rely on "health concerns" as a method to convince the rank and file not to take blood, though that should not be a compelling reason at all if the Bible prohibits it. JW logic on this issue continues to be: The Bible prohibits use of blood, therefore we don't. Sometimes people get infections or have other negative consequences for using blood. Infections and side effects prove we should follow the Bible. What's missing here is....how are the side effects related to the Biblical view? They're not, unless you are claiming God is causing the side effects. At least that's how I see it.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    When was this info put out? Why are they reaching back to a 1975 article? good grief! Do I understand this correctly?

it was from a 1975 watchtower... they are not reaching at least in terms of date. just in terms of everything else

bethel

• M.J.
    M.J.

"Charlie, hand me the paper."

"Mom, I find it interesting that you call The Weekly World News 'the paper.' A paper contains facts."

"This paper contains facts, this paper also has the eigth highest circulation in the world."

--So I Married an Axe Murderer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit