My mother attended a non-JW wedding reception today

by findingmyway 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• Balsam
    Balsam

Well let me share something that happen to my two disfellowshipped sons concerning their JW step-mom & Dad.

Their Dad and relatively new JW Step Mom invited them over to share a meal. Her worldly son (just out of prison) and grandson are living in the house my boys grew up in. Well the boys were surprised that they would even suggest that but she did. She has prevented JW visiting their home from speaking to the boys when they dropped by unexpectedly by throwing her hands in the air and getting between them shaking her head no. So she is truely a mixed bag of JW thought. I don't understand it but find it curious. She shuns the boys and never speaks to them. Their Dad does speak to them though and has showed little evidence of shunning them. JW Step-mom does talk to my oldest son's girlfriend if she is there and is all friendly. It freaks out the girlfriend as it is too bizarre especially since she acts like my two son's don't exist. LOL

So you never know your Mom might come and simply never tell anyone. Who knows, probably depends on her mood at the time too.

• findingmyway
    findingmyway
    So you never know your Mom might come and simply never tell anyone. Who knows, probably depends on her mood at the time too.

Maybe...she's so weird...I never know what to expect from her. Sometimes she answers the phone, "what" and sometimes (today, for example) she answers it "hello" (singing hello). It's too much back and forth and bi-polar for me, so I just leave her to herself. If I do get married, I'll invite her to my wedding. In fact, I'll invite the entire family. If they come, they come. If they don't, they don't. My life will go on.

• peggy
    peggy

My son was invited to the wedding of my nephew but was told that because he was inactive and dating a worldly girl, he was bad association and not invited to the reception. Worldly people were invited to both! My son had the class to attend the wedding and my ex-husband and I left with him, although we were invited to both also. Hypocrites? Sad to say........brain washed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit