I Thought we had Friends!

by Kelley959 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

You thought wrong....

• kairos
    kairos

After 25 years, I quit attending. The friendship/brotherhood ended then, too.

When you are "in", you don't notice *anything*. When you are out, it's easy to see many things.

Welcome.

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Sorry to hear the situation you find yourself in. I think one of the biggest problems with the organization is that they use putting faith in the kingdom to solve all of mankind's problems as an excuse for not putting themselves out to offer practical charitable assistance to others. Many JWs even think it is wrong to support charitable organizations like soup kitchens, etc. They see getting involved in such activities as showing lack of faith in God's kingdom to solve all the problems. It's very sad how Watchtower's teachings produces the psychopathic tendency in many JWs where they feel justified in failing to provide practical assistance to others.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome  KELLEY959

Sorry to hear of your "wake-up call" from the loving brotherhood. Their spiritual paradise is a parody of the Emperor's New Clothes.

The folks here from the USA will give you good advice, as they will be acquainted with how things work over there.

Don't reject any help from people/charities associated with other religions. 

Remember, the Jew never refused help from the Good Samaritan!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

WT promised that my grandparents would never grow old or die, but they did. While there are many good people who are JWs, they live in a culture that is huge on promises, but very short of delivery.

There are a lot of good "worldly" people. I hope you can surround yourself with some as you move on with your life.

• kairos
    kairos
    my grandparents would never grow old or die

in my area there are many older ones.

I have lost track of how many have died in the last ten years. My wife attended a memorial yesterday for one of the "faithful sisters". Preached the ORG to the very end.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

To have a person with kids and all your animals move in is certainly a big under taking.

You should have been well confident that what was being offered was solidly true and reconfirmed a few times as well.

Promises made by friends, family or associates can be broken easily, agreements with biding legality usually are not.

I would seek some help from your local government social services or press hard to get you vacancy notice canceled, stressing your unfortunate circumstances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit