Why am I so happy?

by jwfacts 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Since I stopped going to meetings about six months ago I have been getting happier and happier and don't know why.
    I don't know who God is anymore, or if there is an afterlife. I don't have as many friends as I used to, though I am starting to build new ones. Yet life seems to finally make sense, is happy, full and has meaning. I am at peace with myself and no longer fear the future. Is this normal?
    And no, I am not abusing any substances to make me feel so good.

• under74
    under74

Feels good to be free

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I am at peace with myself and no longer fear the future. Is this normal?

Yes, it is.

That's why the WT cultists don't want you telling your JW friends how good life can be after the Borg.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I am at peace with myself and no longer fear the future. Is this normal?

Yes, it is.

That's why the WT cultists don't want you telling your JW friends how good life can be after the Borg.

Yes, but they will counteract these type of comments with, "Well, Satan will give you a good life, if that's what is needed to keep you away from Jehovah's Organization." Can't tell you how many times I heard that from my parents.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Yes, but they will counteract these type of comments with, "Well, Satan will give you a good life, if that's what is needed to keep you away from Jehovah's Organization." Can't tell you how many times I heard that from my parents.

I've been told the same. My answer..... Scripturally prove the WTBTS is 'Jehovah's Organisation' and I'll be first one through the doors on Sunday morning.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute
    Since I stopped going to meetings about six months ago I have been getting happier and happier and don't know why

satan the devil is blessing you because you are pleasing him. he doesn't need to attack you anymore since he has you by the ballbag. he will make you think you are doing the right thing. THAT's why you are so happy, according to JW's.

bethel

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

To quote Joni Mitchell, who was writing about her record producer, "I was a free man in Paris, I felt unfettered and alive. Nobody calling me up for favors, no one's future to decide."

You feel unfettered and alive. You feel unburdened with holding the fates of untold billions of people on your shoulders. Now you know that their future depends on them and not you. You can live your own life now and concern yourself with living now.

• poppers
    poppers

When you are no longer confined to expectations of what should make you happy you will naturally gravitate toward happiness. A large part of this is the relinquishing of any and all ideas of what god is. Those ideas are imposed upon you and in letting them go there is the possibility of discovering what the word 'god' is pointing to.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Completely owning one's own mind and living with true personal integrity go a long way toward creating happiness.

• Dawn
    Dawn

jwfacts - it's perfectly normal! I have been out for a number of years, and I am truly content now. I eventually moved past the fear of Armageddon and demons. The nightmares stopped. My heart no longer pounds with the "fight or flight" reflex when I run into a JW at the store. Rather than feeling uncomfortable around them now, I just feel pity for them - and at the same time, gratitude that I am free.

"You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free". Regardless of whether you believe in Jesus or not - this quote is very applicable and true. You found out the truth about the "truth" - and that has freed you from that prison that bound you in every way - how to think, what to read, how to feel, even who to love.

Truth is freedom. Enjoy the rest of your life - it only gets better from here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit