Are Christadelphians the Faithful Discreet Slave?

by M.J. 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• M.J.
    M.J.

Prior to the "passing inspection" by Christ , the International Bible Students:

• Had no prohibition against birthdays
    • Had no prohibitions against holidays such as Christmas
    • Believed that all true Christians went to heaven
    • Had no prohibition to participating in government
    • Had no prohibition against voting
    • Had no prohibition against joining the military

Christadelphians had, at least for half a century before the Watchtower, prohibited birthdays, "pagan holidays", government involvement, voting, participating in war and joining the military. They also taught that true Christians would not go to heaven but will inhabit a paradise on earth.

Rutherford eventually instituted ALL these teachings. Which brings up another question. Was Rutherford influenced by Christadelphians?

The Christadelphians were teaching all these things while Jesus was supposedly inspecting the Churches around 1919--yet they FLUNKED, while the Watchtower's people had all these teachings "wrong", were dabbling in spiritism, proclaiming false prophetic speculations in the name of God, etc., and PASSED.

Incidentally, Christadelphians also rejected the Trinity, immortal soul, "hellfire", etc.

• carla
    carla

My first response just from the question was, hell no. They are also a high control group/cult. It is interesting that they were teaching those things for so long before the wt was. I heard from a cult guy awhile back that Christadelphians were getting quite active in the south. Couldn't say myself though. Haven't looked into them for about two years.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Where might one go to prove this MJ? I am very interested in having some backup for this.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    Where might one go to prove this MJ? I am very interested in having some backup for this.

You can find this info in the New Catholic Encyclopedia. My brother just recently discovered this info while browsing the NCE in the library. Looks like the WTS not only took some teachings from the Adventists but later incorporated many things from the Christadelphians.

The Claw.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

From what I understand they disqualify the ransom sacrifice of Jesus

• TopHat
    TopHat

NO...the faithful and discreet slave hasn't yet appeared.

• caliber
    caliber

M.J.

A very revealing post whether or not you believe about the Faithful slave choosing or even other

area's which might disqualify them (Christadelphians ) this is clearly good ammunition to show JW's.

I think they say that it was clearly evident that they only could have qualified !

Cal

• caliber
    caliber

Their teachings appear to be very Witness-ish.....The name "Christadelphian" was first used in the mid-1800s, but we believe that there have been people who share our beliefs throughout history. We are confidently waiting for Christ to return to earth when he will set up the Kingdom of God.

The fundamental Christadelphian beliefs are :http://www.christadelphian.org.uk/

1. The Bible is God's word and the only message from him. It is without error, except for copying and translation errors.
    2. There is only one God - the Father. The Holy Spirit is God's power.
    3. Jesus is the Son of God, and a human being, through his mother Mary.
    4. Man is mortal, having no existence when dead.
    5. By living a sinless life, ending with his sacrificial death by crucifixion, Jesus has opened the way of salvation from death.
    6. Belief and baptism are essential steps to salvation.
    7. God raised Jesus from death. Jesus is currently in Heaven, on God's right hand. He will one day return.
    8. When Jesus returns, he will raise his "sleeping" followers from death and grant immortality to the faithful who have tried to live by God's precepts.
    9. His followers will help him to rule, bringing justice, righteousness and peace to the whole world - the Kingdom of God.

However this is different for sure... below site quote....

What Christadelphians Believe about

The Devil

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil.
    Hebrews 2:14.

Today, many people believe in a supernatural Devil, a specific being who goes around causing trouble and tempting people to cause sin. While this idea may be superficially supported by the Bible it obscures the real message: that man is the source of sin, not some 'fallen angel'

Caliber

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

When I was a witness occasionly I would talk to one when witnessing and their teachings are pretty similar to JW's as I recall. They don't so much depend on the hierarchial system as JW's and I think they teach that Satan is the evil within all of us ,hence i would say to them that made Jesus imperfect then, since when he was tempted by Satan they say that it was the evil within ,the account was only an illustration in the sense he did'nt actually talk to Satan but was actually fighting the evil within himself, therefore i would say to them that invalidated the ransom sacrifice. It's a long time ago I hope I have'nt got my religions mixed up

• wobble
    wobble

I have to agree with Caliber,according to WT teaching today the Christadelphians qualified perfectly in 1919. what is notable is that they havn't had to have lots of Noo Lite,their statement of belief was written in the late 1800's and has remained unchanged to my knowledge,evident demonstration that they are guided by Holy spirit (?)

The minor things that they disagree with WT on are hardly major doctrine.

The Witchtower in 1919 was literally that,teaching pyramidology,that Russell was the FDS and loads of stuff that if you as a witless professed to beleive today,you would be dis-fellowshipped for!!

The words logic, common sense, truth and many other virtues and Watchtower Teaching do not belong in the same sentence.

Love

Wobble

p,s as 1914 and 1919 are twaddle anyway,as is the cocept of an FDS "class" perhaps the Christadelphians may be used and approved in the future ??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit