I can't believe they shunned me...

by Smoky 26 Replies latest jw friends

• gtj
    gtj

What happens if you were disfellowshipped and never committed any "improper course of conduct"

How do you show repentance for something like that?

gtj

• Smoky
    Smoky

It was not possible, she is got married in the Reception Hall. It actually took place this past Saturday. I just so happened to drive by near there home around noon, and saw a white limosine pulling up on there street.

Something smells fishy, though? If they were in 'good standing', why wouldn't she marry in the KH?

Does that mean that the Elders did not allow it? or it is just a personal choice.

Smoky

(p.s. thank you all for your help)

• Smoky
    Smoky

(How do you show repentance for something like that?)

Part of 'repenting' is to acknowledge some kind of wrong doing?...know?......NO WAY!

What they would like to see, is me going back to Attending/Participating in meeting and FS regularly.

I dont think So. (...puff...puff)

Smoky

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

(((Smoky))),

Going through it right now. It is a hard thing to experience. They prove how conditional their love is, and it hurts to know that your friends are only your friends if you do what they want you to do. You are not alone, we'll pull through somehow.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

You'll get over your old friends like you get over being dumped by a girlfriend. You can't dwell on them. Like one of the posters already mentioned, you can't change how the Dub's behave.. all you can change is you. Eventually you won't give a care about any of those dead people. It just takes time. Make an effort to make a new friend every month.. set little goals like that for yourself. Take good care and remember - you have friends here.

GBL

• claytoncapeletti
    claytoncapeletti

Smokey, I have gone throught the same thing as you. I am not D.A 'ed or D.F'ed but all of my former witness friends have nothing to do with me. Around the time I stopped going to meetings an elder told them I wasnt good association and they stopped all contact with me. My best friend got married and didnt even tell me about it. I run into some of my old JW friends from time to time around town and they are always talk to me and act if everything is cool between us. I used to hold onto alot of anger and resentment towards them, but I gave that up and realized they haven't broken free from their conditioning.

Buddha says Anger is like a hot coal that is waiting to be thrown, but it's the person who is holding it that gets hurt the most.

Or as the wise Yoda once said "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering"

Clayton

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I can.

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit