CURTAIL HURRICANE TALK AS IT'S NOT UPBUILDING

by juni 17 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Maybe they are afraid that the dubs will find out how real Christians are helping victims of these disasters and begin to question WTBTS directions on donating, charity and relief efforts in general. That was my thought too, Honesty. Thanks. Juni

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I could be wrong, but wasn't it stated in a thread recently that the WTS asked that people refrain from specifying on their donation cheques that the money should go for hurricane relief? That donations should go directly for the worldwide work? If that's the case I can see why they don't want members talking about it.

W

• carla
    carla

I would think all this destruction would be right their alley. See the end's coming? something like that? But, then I guess it would bring discussion about what others are doing to help and so many questions rank & file probably can't answer about actual donations.

• TheListener
    TheListener

No one has said anything like that at my hall. I'm not saying it isn't happening in some congregations, just that it isn't a national thing by the society; it's probably a local thing by certain elders.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Sounds to me like the local elders' personal preference. They don't find it upbuilding so they impose their feelings on you all, because after all the rank and file JW isn't capable of dealing with melancholic subjects. Protect the "children", dear.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Shoot, I remember those admonitions when I was in over 30 years ago!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I could be wrong, but wasn't it stated in a thread recently that the WTS asked that people refrain from specifying on their donation cheques that the money should go for hurricane relief? That donations should go directly for the worldwide work? If that's the case I can see why they don't want members talking about it. W

Maybe the elders should play this at the next Service Meeting:

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4zk5x/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/watchtower-relief-effort.mp3

• Preston
    Preston

... was there something in the news recently about how a bunch of JWs helped out in the Katrina effort... and now they don't want to talk about it?

- Preston

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit