CURTAIL HURRICANE TALK AS IT'S NOT UPBUILDING

by juni 17 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

Another question for all of you. At local level elders encouraged members to not talk SO MUCH about the hurricanes and the hardships they have made for so many as this kind of talk is not upbuilding. People are only supposed to have enough knowledge about it so as to be able to lead into a presentation at the door. It is not supposed to be a topic of discussion at the Hall, in service, or in car groups.

Has anyone else received this admonition? Again, is this a local level speech?

Thank you to all who can help with this question. Juni Breeze~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Say what????

Is there ever ever an end to the lengths they go to spreading their litterature.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Maybe they are afraid that the dubs will find out how real Christians are helping victims of these disasters and begin to question WTBTS directions on donating, charity and relief efforts in general.

• sf
    sf
    People are only supposed to have enough knowledge about it so as to be able to lead into a presentation at the door.

{ slaps knee with a loud roar of laughter }

Praytell, what type of presentation?

JW: "This hurricane stuff is only peanuts compared to what jehoober is gonna do you and this entire wicked system of things buddy if you don't accept this bible study and get your ass to the nearest kingdumb hellhole!" Kapeesh!!??

Householder: { slaps knee silly and aims point blank }

sKally

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Has anyone else received this admonition? Again, is this a local level speech?

I haven't been to a meeting in over 2 years so I don't know if it's being said here, but there were times in the past where similar directions were given to us. I always resented their trying to control conversations by saying something isn't "upbuilding". Real life is not always "upbuilding" and ignoring problems won't make them go away.

W

• kid-A
    kid-A

Its the classic JW approach when confronted with reality.....stick your fingers in your ears and repeat:

"LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU!!! LA LA LA LA LA"

• juni
    juni

Thanks Finally Free. I agree with you when you said that life isn't always "upbuilding". I know they used to frown on talking "business" at the Hall, but other stuff was o.k. Seems like the vise grip is getting stronger. Juni

• juni
    juni

Maybe they are afraid that the dubs will find out how real Christians are helping victims of these disasters and begin to question WTBTS directions on donating, charity and relief efforts in general. This was my thought, Honesty. Just more control. Thanks for your input. Juni

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Maybe they are afraid that someone will ask what JWs are doing to help the victims... could raise some questions...

Coffee

• peggy
    peggy

The huricane makes for HOT political discussions! A BIG NO NO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit