My Journey

by Andrea Wideman 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• anewme
    anewme

Welcome Andrea! What a good story. I look forward to your viewpoints and perspective here. So you and Joel are husband and wife on here together? There are a few other marriages here as well.
    Welcome to you both.
    Anewme

• Momofmany
    Momofmany
    This was a place I was told I would be loved and was treated not with love but criticism. As time went on the criticism got worse.

I can so relate to this.Just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome Andrea....may you finally find peace and REAL happiness in your life.

Delilah

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Welcome Andrea! very interesting story.I often wonder how many jw's are living a similar story right now,how many of them do I know,and they just don't have the courage to break free.I'm happy for you that you did and hope you find the happiness you're seeking.

Goldminer

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Welcome Andrea!!!

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Welcome Andrea! I really feel for you. It's amazing how the question "what do I teach my child?" can help you make an honest search for truth. Although I don't have kids myself, I know it was a concern for me thinking about my future and whether I really wanted my kids exposed to the same pain I had being raised "in the truth."
    You've got great courage. Kudos to you and Joel!
    tp

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Welcome Andrea! I really feel for you. It's amazing how the question "what do I teach my child?" can help you make an honest search for truth. Although I don't have kids myself, I know it was a concern for me thinking about my future and whether I really wanted my kids exposed to the same pain I had being raised "in the truth."
    You've got great courage. Kudos to you and Joel!
    tp

• Legolas
    Legolas

(((((((((((Welcome )))))))))))

• Andrea Wideman
    Andrea Wideman

Thank you for the warm welcome.

• Andrea Wideman
    Andrea Wideman

It didn't happen fast at all. This was a change that was years in the making. By now honey you ought to know not to underestimate yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit