Latest news about Pro-JW group on Myspace

by DevonMcBride 20 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

The elders and the Governing Body are cracking down on JW myspace groups. Here is the latest from the owner of one that I'm subbed to.

im sorry to all who just recently joined myspace but im deleting my account and if ne one wants to keep the group goin thats up to them... i dont know whats goin to happen if i delete my mysapce i dont know if the group will automatically get deleted...

Now for the reason im leaving is that my elders are saying that the PO's met last week and the major issue with society now is the internet and myspace came up as one of the topics and for the elders to talk about this with the young adults and kids in the hall... the pretty much told us if u dont take urself off we will have to have a meeting with u about it... this is advice from not us the elders but from the governing body... sooo im not one to go agaisnt my elders even though i dont want to leave becasue i met some wonderful people and im soo greatful for that... if ne one wants to keep in touch with me here is my phone number...

im goin to be deleting my account by the end of this week soo i send u all a loving farewell... huggs and kisses for all thanks for makin this group a very big family...

• Honesty
    Honesty

And the WTBTS/JW's insist they are not a cult.

• jstalin
    jstalin

I think WT is scared sh*tless over the Internet. They're reacting like every tyrannical government in history - if you can't control the message - ban it!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

too sad

Hopefully they will find another way to stay in touch and on the net so they can finally get free

• thom
    thom

---"sooo im not one to go agaisnt my elders even though i dont want to leave becasue i met some wonderful people"---
    This is so sad. Young people just want to have friends and the GB shuts them down. I realize it's this person's choice to listen to them and leave myspace, but pressure and threats when you still live with your JW parents is scary. Yet another young person has their life spelled out for them by a bunch of old men who couldn't care less how it messes up these kids lives. It really upsets me.
    I don't think the WTBTS can win their battle with the internet, but maybe they can slow down the exodus maybe with these tactics.

• Now What?
    Now What?

Smells like the WT- still have not learned that it is impossible to control free-speech on the internet. Do they honestly think that they are going to be able to hunt down and destroy such 'apostate' influences?

On the other hand, what choice do they have? Tell the truth? LOL

• Legolas
    Legolas

Holy F***....Can't they SEE the control????

• riotgirlpeeps
    riotgirlpeeps

In the last assemblies and in several of the talks I've heard over the last little while that I was faking it the internet was brough up so many times, though I think I liked it better when they would quote song lyrics from "bad" songs announcing "Brothers and sisters are you aware of what our children are listening to today?".

-Riot

• avishai
    avishai

Well, it looks like it's just up to us to start a new pro jw group on myspace, now is'nt it????

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

They just don't realize that they are shooting themselves in the foot. If they take all of the pro- and innocent JW sites, then the only ones left will be the apostate sites. So, when an interested person googles them, everything that comes up is bad. Also, these people who are shut down have just gotten their first sniff of WT highhandedness. A few more, and they will be with us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit