Change in WTS doctrine under way!

by biblexaminer 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Interesting stuff here. I will commnet on frenchy's if I may.

Relating back to your earlier comments frenchy, and to give a litle history, the WTS taught that the "disgusting thing" was already "standing in a holy place" back in 1919, and that the "great trib" had already begun too was a teaching.

...hence, the idea was that to "flee" Judea, meant to join the WTBTS, which was also supposed to parallel the idea og "Get out of her my people"...

But BOOM, Freddi Franzzy layed it on 'em at the convention described in the article I quote from, that it was all a bog NOPE! Isn't can't won't!!

So all in dubland had to swallow the "new light" that the "great trib" was a-still-a-cummin.

BUT WAIT! If the "disgusting thing" was NOT "standing in a holy place", then why the hell are we fleeing to the mountains, by quitting the "church" etc. and joining the WTBST?

The self-contradictory teachings began to fold in on themselves. But by now, a hundred years of this stuff has numbed the minds og the rank & file dubbs, and they are ripe and willing to accept any nonsense at all.

Brother "A" can get on the platform and sell "the moon is made of green cheese", followed on his heels by brother "B" who says it's not "green cheese" per-say but rather a form of gorgonzola!

After this a prayer, then brother "C" who dismantles the "cheese" theory with "new light", and an hour later, brother "A" is again on the platform discussing the "green cheese" thing again.

And it all goes down their throats. And they say "yummmm".

So for the WTS to now try to fit this "disgusting thing standing in a holy place" idea back into their 100 year old dicta presents new self-contradictions! But lo, it all goes down, yummmy.

They built the foundation with the 1919 standing in a holy place and leaving Judea by joining Watchtowerland. Then Freddie pulled the rug out from under by dismantling the foundation and trying to move the house over a foundation with a different shape.

As far as the first fullfilment being th only one, the greek word translated "tribulation" in Matthew means "pressing" and describes well the "seige" laid against the Jews by the Romans.

Find my research on Matthew 24. If you cannot, then email me and I will sell it to you. OOPS, I thought I was in field service,.. sorry.

I will email it to you. ...That's better. [email protected]

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

BX: I was under the impression that the thrust of your post was to present this change of doctrine (if in fact this does materialize) as something of great consequence to the rank and file JW’s. Your words: “The Watchtower is slowly dismantling their power base by altering long held doctrine which is fundamentally important to their power base. Time will tell, but this cannot last.”

The purpose of my posts was to show that this change can easily be facilitated with not so much as a ripple in the pond. You stated in your last post:

the WTS taught that the "disgusting thing" was already "standing in a holy place" back in 1919, and that the "great trib" had already begun too was a teaching.
    Then you go on to say: “But BOOM, Freddi Franzzy layed it on 'em at the convention described in the article I quote from, that it was all a bog NOPE! Isn't can't won't!!” My question is this: Did this 180 turnaround cause so much as a hiccup among the R&F? You then demonstrate your point (that the masses will accept anything from Brooklyn) with the cheese thing and then you say: “And it all goes down their throats. And they say "yummmm".” I say to this: “Amen, brother, that’s exactly what happens. Time will tell us what time has already told us, namely that they will accept whatever comes out of Brooklyn.

Who would have thought that they could change so basic a teaching as the generation thing and get away with it? Who would have thought they could tell the publishers that they were no longer separating sheep and goats and yet they would still go out in service. Who else but the WTBS can, in one breath quote Matt 24:36 and also say that the end is near and have it accepted as if that’s the most natural thing in the world? They are masters at contradictions. Let’s face it, they fooled a lot of us for a very long time. So I say to this supposed change: THIS TOO WILL PASS.

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• lauralisa
    lauralisa

Thank you Frenchy!

It's funny, bec. I was using an NIV when I referred to Matthew and did note the difference in terms. And it makes sense that the society would take the tack that you suggest.

What is your take on "the end of the world"?

Gotta rush off to work - thank you again

lauralisa

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

You’re welcome. I’m most grateful for any opportunity to offer assistance in whatever manner possible.

Your question as to my take on the end of the world is a far more difficult question to answer than any previously penned on this thread. The Bible speaks of it and I find that reason enough to give it some consideration. There is also the fact that the end of the world seems to be a subject that has arisen among a large number of cultures, many of which have no knowledge of, or regard for, the Bible. I find that interesting as well.

The short version of the answer to your question is simply that I have not formulated a coherent idea of just what the end will be. There are so many things to consider, many of which are contradictory. If you want to know some of the things I have considered let me know and I’ll take a deep breath and present them here. Be forewarned, I’m long-winded at times!

-Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it-

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Interesting. The fact is that as they make doctrine more contradictory, then the act of presenting a question or a thought which dismantles a JW's hope and faith becomes much easier.

In this new world of Watchtower making, to pose a thought to a JW and have them go off the ddp end becomes much easier. Yes, they will accept anything the tower says, but woe when this new doctrine is discussed afterwards.

• blueberry
    blueberry

yO.. all I gotz to say is..
    i think JWs are the ONLY religious group in this world
    that fullfill Jesus's prophecy.. Matt 24:14..
    good news of Gods kingdom will be preached throughout the world..
    2 million copies of our magazines are printed worldwide
    in 200+ languages, twice a week..

Also, JWs will be the last religion standing when the government attacks religion.. like we did in Holocaust and anyother JW forbiden countries..

Osama bin laden n his muslim crews declared a holy war against christians n Jews..
    Maybe UN does not have to attack religion..
    maybe Muslims can woop US's butt and kill all the christians..
    you never know..
    I mean God help Gideon win their war w/ juss 300 peeps..
    if he decides to use Muslims in his war.. maybe he will..
    only time will tell..
    so if anyone left the org and became indivisual believer..
    where will they stand at the end??

• bjd4jc
    bjd4jc

This thread got me reading more of Matthew 24 and I found another contradiction (right word?) in what JW doctrine says and what the Bible says.

From what I understand about the organization, I gather that they believe that Jesus returned to earth in 1914 invisibly. Here is what Matthew 24:23-27 says about and "invisible" Jesus (these are the words of Christ himself")

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
    24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
    25 Behold, I have told you before.
    26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.
    27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Sorry for getting off the topic a bit...

• troubled
    troubled

bibleexaminer,

So if I'm understanding correctly, the "new light" is that the UN is no longer the modern-day disgusting thing that causes desolation? Do you think that's how they'll explain that it's OK to be an NGO associated with them?

Also, wouldn't that totally change the whole view of how the great tribulation is going to start???

That seems like a MAJOR change in direction!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit