MY PLAN FOR LEAVING THE WT. IS IT 2 FAR-FETCHED?

by stillAwitness 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spectre
    Spectre

First off, DO NOT get married for the sake of being married. It would be much easier to just leave then to go through all the trouble of getting married to use as an excuse. If you can move away from the area, that would be a good start.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

A model "mooning the elders". They'll be damaged for life.

• M.J.
    M.J.

3. Get married of course ( they won''t D'F me right for marrying out of the Lord?) That way I will still have my family at the wedding though my dad may not come. I don't have an JW friends so I won't feel sad about that.

If your potential future husband came on this board to ask about this JW girl he met who wants to remain "in" on the fringes just enough to keep everyone happy, I'd personally tell him to RUN! Sorry, but that's the way I see it. Not to say that there aren't guys that wouldn't put up with that, especially if you're a MODEL like you say . It just seems like a trouble situation for a guy to get into. It is such a shame that the organization forces people into dishonesty and being true to one's self with the threat of disintigrating a person's family. I'm no expert at ways of exiting the org while maintaining family relationships, but if you can find a better long term goal than this, I'd run with it...

Because someitmes I get in a huge argument with my mother b/c I only go out in service (or at least she thinks I do) on saturdays and I have not selected one day out of the week to go out. (one of the new rules of the WT) and she had came to my meeting on sunday with me (she is in the french hall, me in english)

Oh man, sounds horrible. Is that a rule? Hope it doesn't hit my house. Didn't know there were that many French folks in Georgia btw...

• prophecor
    prophecor

Is that a fairy tale ending?

YES!!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Not that far-fetched at all. Get yourself financially stable, build a new network of non-JW friends, and off you go!

DY

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Well, you’re right. It’s difficult to leave the WTBS when your parents are both JW’s and your living under their roof. Your game plan sounds pretty much like a gradual fade to me. But as others have suggested, I would not recommend going back at all. This will more than likely tax your relationship with your parents depending on how strictly they up-hold WTBS rules and regulations.

You’re just better off staying away at all costs. If you attend a meeting or two to try to get privileges they’re just going to want you to take the next step. One step away from WTBS and two step right back in again.

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

Bad plan, you are trying to burn the candle at both ends and you will only get burnt,

If your parents wont understand you, and love you out of the cult, then they will only make your life a living hell when you try to keep everyone happy.

Lets look for one min. at how it would work when you are married, to a person that is not in the cult, they want to keep haveing holidays ect,, with their family's and do the things you cant do that they have done all their lives.

Now you have kids, and your parents will be telling them that they need to be a door knocker or they will die, at that point they eather turn the kids against you or you become a dubber, and turn agains your partner, or you all walk off in to dubdom and are cought in the cult web, being controlled and told every thing to thing, eat and when to shit.

You are at a cross roads, there is no compermise, you can not have your cake and eat it also.

If you are young enough that you need your cult bound parents help, then use them for as long as you can and make your escape. If they do not love you for who you are, then they are not good parents any way, as hard as that sounds, you need to face reality and deal with it, but the first step is yours, you need to ask youself one question, do I live my own life and do what I want with my time on this planet, or do I let old men in brooklyn tell me every move to make till I die? It is up to you, if you choose the latter, not tomorrow or a year from now may you regret it but you will one day.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Everyone is right. I need to think about it more. Not now. I mean I do have time. I just get so afraid of what will happen in the future. I mean the decisions I make will be lige altering. Thank you for the advice.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

What is this about a new rule that you have to go out in service during the week?

Does anybody remember the WT study that said the scribes and pharisees had made worship a matter of so many rules that "no Working man could possibly keep them"?

HB

• Anitar
    Anitar

You should try changing your name, identity, and you might want to leave the country. It seems like the only dignified way to leave the watchtower.

Lots of love,

Anitar

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit