Just had my wisdom teeth yanked out.... picture goodness

by pr_capone 37 Replies latest jw friends

• under74
    under74

Don't OD on that stuff. Make sure the dosage is low enough before you start uping how many you take. For a while you're going to have the whole phantom teeth thing...

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

When I had surgery on my leg to remove a tumor I was having to take 4 lortab 10 and drink a beer to get any sort of relief. The doctors refused to give me anything stronger though I was on the phone crying to them because it hurt so bad.

I'm not really worried about taking too much of this stuff

Phantom teeth??? I have heard of phantom limbs but not teeth!

Kansas District Overbeer

• JW83
    JW83

Omigod - after seeing these pictures, I'm glad I've been having mine out one at a time! (2 down, 2 to go)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

OUCH!

Here is a little photography trick... get a magnifying glass and hold it against the camera lens when you take a picture. This will allow you to photograph objects up close.

• anewme
    anewme

When I had mine out I was still a kid and living in my Irish Catholic home, which means, if any of you have read "Angela's Ashes", I got no attention or medicine when I got home. You just "toughed out" everything in those days in that family....everything, infections, pneumonia, ear aches. But thank God they took me to the dentist at all.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Nice. Hey, you know what those ice packs look like? Looks like you took your jock, filled it with ice and strapped it to your face. Hopefully they're washed!

Kwin

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Awww :-(

Had 2 wisdoms yanked 3 weeks ago. But no where as bad as you had it, it looks. Mine were already out. But got some vicodin anyway. :-)

Yesterday, I got spacers put in my lower teeth for braces. Boy does it hurt today.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Ok I had my wisdoms pulled out last month and they aint need to put no head wrap across my hear??!! But it was painful. I had to stop taking some of the meds they prescribed me though. Made me too lethargic. Felt like I was drunk all the time (which was sometimes a good thing)

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I am in soooooo much pain right now. Just took my perkies and my jaw is simply throbbing. I can hardly open it which means no solid food today. :(

Elsewhere - I am gonna have to try out the magnifying glass bit.... makes sence but I have never thought of it before.

Kwin - It actually was my jock that I was using. A double-extra large so it actually is bigger than my face! LMAO

Thanks for the pity!!!!

Kansas District Overbeer

• sf
    sf

Holy crap, your photos are giving me high anxiety dude.

I'm having my number 17 tooth extracted Oct. 4th and I'm seriously nervous now. {okay, california is having a small earthquake as I'm typing this--1:25pm}...anyone else else just feel that??}

The dentist said it's impacted.

So I just went and did some research on what to expect.

My question to you is how did they numb you up? How many shots did they give you and where exactly? And did you feel ANYTHING as he pulled them? Or did the numbing medication work brilliantly?

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit