Emerson (That's Me) Urges Forming House Bible Groups To Replace Watchtower

by J Mason Emerson 22 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Just trying to figure out if this is a one-man band.

• J Mason Emerson
    J Mason Emerson

I am one man but believe many others agree with me that there needs to be a Christian alternative to the Watchtower. You will notice some nice notes even here. How many do this second or will into the future, only God knows for sure.

• jaffacake
    jaffacake
    Kinda sounds like what took place in Ancient Isreal. When Solomon deviated from pure worship, Jehovah split the Kingdom into two. Northern and Southern.

defd,

So would you rather follow the teachings of men than what this guy suggests about studying the Bible? Do you agree with former watchtower statements that given a choice it is better to read Watchtower publications than the Bible?

The JWs remind me of the human reasoning that led Israel to seek a king as a visible head to provide direction. God granted them Saul - gave them what they wanted but treated their action as a rejection of his own invisible rulership. The act was not owing to faith, but to a lack of faith. God warned them what that burden would do for their freedom, but they persisted with a desire for the easy way - visible human rulership over them (1 Sam 8:4-20). Why are JWs still emphasising the OT and men's teachings and leadership instead of focusing on the invisible Headship of Jesus Christ. Is it through lack of faith?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit