Emerson (That's Me) Urges Forming House Bible Groups To Replace Watchtower

by J Mason Emerson 22 Replies latest jw friends

• J Mason Emerson
    J Mason Emerson

GREETINGS TO ALL READERS OF GOOD WILL, I'm Mason Emerson (nicknamed "Joe") and as a yahoo.com group I put the following on some websites there to encourage interested readers (exJWs or others) to go ahead and form independent nonWatchtower groups for Bible fellowship which can meet in homes instead of in kingdom halls. I see myself as a catalyst for action by others, not a founder of groups or a sole leader of them, especially given my current health. Those who model the loving kindness of Christ will flourish with happiness, those who do not will weed themselves out. Christ, not the Watchtower, is our most Faithful and Discreet Slave. I recently had a heart attack requiring 5-bypasses, so pray that in time some extra interested readers will do the things that I cannot, perhaps even years into the future.

The idea of fellowshipping in houses instead of buildings is not any kind of rule but a suggestion given the newness of the fellowship. As to those who may attack the kept concept of resurrection to heaven or earth note that the hope of going to heaven rather than resurrection on earth began with Christ and Christians, the Jewish people always looking to their resurrection being on earth. God can resurrect to either place so the one main hope for Christians is to service in heaven but if He may resurrect some to many on earth is certainly God's own decision. Copy and use the following if it seems good to you:

CHRISTIAN WITNESSES (REFORMED JEHOVAH's WITNESSES AND FRIENDS):

WE BELIEVE IN joyful unity by love and that God wants humans resurrected to enjoy life forever on Earth returned to paradise or else with Christ serving those on earth! (Eccles. 1:4; Mat. 5:5, 6:10)

We need to fellowship with and help the poor, sick, needy. Remember, nobody is perfect. We must put love and mercy above rigid blind interpretations of religious laws.

WE REJOICE that Romans 14 and Colossians 2:15 grant freedom of beliefs regarding holidays, diet, medical treatments etc. Luke 10:7 says don't go to every door canvassing style but Mt 28:19 says do tell others of Christ!

GOING TO other churches is okay but for more fellowship fun invite friendly persons to come read scriptures with yourself, enjoy a simple meal, sing, help other people as Christ did. Pray through Christ to our Father (Mt 6:9) though Lord or Jehovah are also common. (Ps 83:18) Gently encourage those attending to invite friendly newcomers or form more such Bible reading groups.

GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT baptizes new Christians. Symbolic water baptism can be witnessed by others or heaven, or Christians under great tribulation can self-baptize as heaven watches. For a name note you are a joyful "CHRISTIAN," and for faith or church say the one Christian faith, true CHRISTIANITY.

CONSIDER THE New International Version for Bible readings. Tell friendly persons a regular meeting home or place and time. Older reputable adults serving others including at meetings in homes are our servants or elders, not a title but description of their service. (Ro 16:1)

CHRIST as our savior from death is the most Faithful and Discreet Slave or spiritual Leader though any Christian can offer suggestions and help. We put God first, not any spiritual dictator or false men.

FREE TRACTS are at MESSAGES below or devise your own. Have fun!

CONTACT ME AT [email protected] for my phone number. I live in Overland Park, Kansas. For more information eamil me or else click http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BibleStudy11/ or http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BibleStudy1 etc

• Legolas
    Legolas

I'm sorry but I have to ask.....Do you believe in the idiot dates that the WT did?

• gringojj
    gringojj

Why do u need a name? Why cant u just believe in god? Why is everyone so bent on organized religion?

• J Mason Emerson
    J Mason Emerson

Gringojj and Legolas,

The Bible itself says Christ said "no one knows the hour," so there is no date-setting. Re-read what was put above here and you'll see. People can believe in God and never fellowship for fun with other people, but many naturally enjoy companionship with those of similar interests and the Bible encourages this too. As to name, using Christians in Christianity is fine for those who prefer but Christian Witnesses tells a bit more.

By the way, Simon's board rule said I could not post my phone number, but those who go to any of the links that I gave will see it there, and I'd enjoy hearing from some of you.

Peace

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I like the idea JME.

I read Banks' Pauls' Idea of Community and agree with the concept, even in our day. Also, like Paul's writings indicate that the early believers were just called 'Christian'.

Ray Franz did something like that in his home - don't know if he still does or not.

I would love to do that myself - I just don't have any contacts. My Watchtower ties left me standing pretty alone when I left - still haven't filled the gaps.

Keep up the good work.

Jeff

• defd
    defd

GREETINGS TO ALL READERS OF GOOD WILL, I'm Mason Emerson (nicknamed "Joe") and as a yahoo.com group I put the following on some websites there to encourage interested readers (exJWs or others) to go ahead and form independent nonWatchtower groups for Bible fellowship which can meet in homes instead of in kingdom halls

Kinda sounds like what took place in Ancient Isreal. When Solomon deviated from pure worship, Jehovah split the Kingdom into two. Northern and Southern. 10 tribes in one and 2 in the other. The two tribe Kingdom was the one God was using to exercise rulership. The tribe of Judah. The 10 tribe however is another story. The king of those tribes was so mad and worried that his subjects would continue to go worship Jehovah that he CREATED his own form of worship. TRYING to MIRROR that of the two tribe. He made Samaria as the place of worship.( That is why the Jews and the Samaritians hated eachother so bad in Jesus day), created a priest hood, even copied some of the festivals. He was trying to be INDEPENDENT, kinda like what you are doing. God did not approve of it then. Nor does He approve of it now!

D.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

http://exjw.meetup.com/groups/ comes with message board too You can also post support group meetup times for free in local papers Matthew 18:20" For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them"

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

Jeff - I've attended a few Bible Student meetings that are a lot like JME described. It takes a little looking around to find the right group for one's personality. There are two by me, but the one right up the street takes C. T. Russell's chronology too seriously for my tastes. There's another group a half hour away that doesn't bother with chronology at all and skips around to whatever topics hold their interests each week. I've been told that if I attend a convention (there seem to be about a dozen or so large ones a year and they're all different) I'll encounter Bible Students from both ends of the spectrum (those who deeply respect Russell's writings to those who couldn't care less about them) and everything in between. I hear that at the conventions, after each part, they open the floor to questions from the audience. At the meetings I've attended, everyone talks and voluteers perspectives and is free to agree or disagree, depending on their conscience/understanding. If you're looking into meetings following the "house church" style, this may be a place to start. I contacted the folks at biblestudents.net and dawnbible.com to get help locating meetings near me.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

(gasp) OMG! you actually believe that we were CREATED??!!

and that the bible is a worthy book to meet regarding?

why...would you want to create a bunch of mini-watchtowers in peoples homes? so that they could turn into a bunch of mega-watchtowers, commiting the same crimes against intellectual humanity that the current watchtower produces?

no thanks. been there done that.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Joe,

I'm sure you are familiar with what happened in 1980 within the Organzation that has

"READ GOD'S WORD THE BIBLE DAILY"

painted on it's walls in Brooklyn.

if not, you can read about it here:

http://www.freeminds.org/history/whathapp.htm

Advising people to read their Bibles and to gather in unsupervised study groups can have a negative impact on their good standing with the Puppetmasters.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit