When am I an apostate?

by Lilycurly 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Thanks jgnat!

This part made me chuckle to myself :

"Apostate" - the most evil word in the JW lexicon. Worse than Satan, worse than demons. Say the word, and watch real TERROR well up in the eyes of a JW. (See "Internet")

"Internet" - hiding out place for demons and apostates.

"Demons" - real SCARY beings. They just can't wait to "get in" to your body and mess you up. A group of bad, bad, spirit entities which somehow love to inhabit used clothing, furniture, lawn chairs, and mostly, apostates, to name a few. They are frequently seen lurking around garage sales, and antique shops.

I really needed that laugh, I could just pictures the fear well up in the eyes of poor JWs when they here about demons and apostates...and *shudders* internet!!lol

• TheListener
    TheListener

When you felt the need to ask the question.

• xjwms
    xjwms

I agree with

TheListener

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Wait for it ....

Wait for it ....

Wait for it ...

NOW!

• I quit!
    I quit!
    Perhaps that Elder is on his way out too, or has doubts about the organization and does not support its views though he is still in.

That was my thought also. Or at least he is an elder with liberal views. He doesn't really believe everything the WT teaches himself. He has to know what they teach on apostasy. I remember elders that seemed to be that way. Not the stiff company men that some of them are.

I also agree with jgnat. I am not an apostate from Christianity only from their warped belief system. They are the ones who left 2000 years of Christian tradition to follow some nutter who claimed to be a prophet of God even though nothing he ever predicted came true.

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous

According to my Dad, stating fact is apostasy. Specifically, saying, "The Society has taught falsehoods in the name of God" is "apostasy" to him.

{sigh}

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit