pathetic

by schne_belly 25 Replies latest jw experiences

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Isn’t this just pathetic….

I work for my father (a current JW) and we have some JW customers. Since my recent fading, one particular customer, an elder, has come into work for business and then carried it further to “encouraging me” offering a hearing ear etc. At first I just thanked him, but he persisted and kept coming back. I finally got my co worker involved one day when I saw him pull up. I ran into the bathroom and told her to “ cover for me” I had to sit in the bathroom for 5 minutes while he told her he would wait for me . She offered to help him, but he said he needed to talk to me about a personal matter. He finally gave up and left… whew!

I have this nervous feeling every time someone walks into the door though, thinking it’s him or another JW customer of ours. He stopped back today (I believe for business this time) because he let my co worker help him. I panicked though, and called my husband, pretending it was customer, so I appeared busy until he left… it worked. He left with just a wave goodbye. But I get nervous every time. This is MY space, how dare someone make me feel this way. I don’t know what to do. When he does get a chance to talk to me, it just ruins my whole day.

I’ve tried talking to my dad (boss) about it, but of course since he’s a JW himself, he won’t say a word to this elder. I’ve tried preparing myself for future attacks by saying I don’t get paid to talk about personal things, so he can contact me at my house if necessary ( or course I wouldn’t answer the door or phone then) But I’m afraid… I still feel intimidated by him. It’s just ridiculous!

• upside/down
    upside/down

And they say they're not a cult?

u/d(of the JWD will help you get some spine class)

• confusedjw
    confusedjw
    carried it further to “encouraging me” offering a hearing ear etc.

Are you deaf and faithless?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

You should not have to take steps to avoid him. Treat him like any other customer, and if he tries to talk about personal matters just say, "Is there something business related I can help you with?" If he persists, just say, "I appreciate your concern, but if I wish to discuss personal matters I'll do so with my husband, not with you."

If that doesn't work call the police. You do not have to tolerate harassment in the workplace.

W

• Legolas
    Legolas

I feel for you Schne! For a year I was scared to answer my door and phone, that really pissed me off! But then we disassociated ourselves and now no worries about them!

• JH
    JH

Gee, he should let you work in peace...

I'd hate it if Hermann did that to me....

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Hmm, the word harassment comes to mind.

Kwin

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I can just about guess which one that is! You have to find a way to make it sound good. Your probably scared to say anything, for fear he may take it the wrong way like you dont want to have anything to do with the "truth"! Put a sign on your desk, no soliciting!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    But I’m afraid… I still feel intimidated by him. It’s just ridiculous!

This is really the key. He could continue to pop in and "encourage" you without bugging you a bit if it weren't for the fear. When I came to the understanding that these guys really had no power over me at all and are just dudes on the street like anybody else, that's when I really felt free.

You can still listen to whatever tripe he wants to slice at you, it won't be an issue so long as you just don't care. He's just like any other preacher, promoting any other religion to any other "lost soul". If you try, you can probably even see the humor in it. Here he is, thinking he's got "The Truth", when he's got nuthin'. Funnier still, *HE* is trying to teach *YOU* something, when you're the one that's actually peeked behind the curtain.

Imagine a 5-year-old explaining why you should believe in Santa Claus 'cause yer gonna get coal in yer stocking if you don't. See? He's actually a comedian and doesn't even know it!

Dave

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

I also think he is taking advantage of you because you work for your dad! How the heck do you get on this site without him finding out? Hope you clear the history lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit