The Stranger (JW) came by JUST NOW!!

by Rayvin 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Ron Rhodes? Ah, er, uh.... no, I don't think I'd go that route. Rhodes is a nincompoop and Stafford makes mincemeat outta a lot of his books.

Try printing out some of the articles on this page: http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/index2.htm

Also, UN scandal stuff is nice... I suppose. I'd also recommend, on blood and medical quackery, this page: www.ajwrb.org

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Cygnus,

While I agree, I was recommending a specific book by the author. I was recommending it for a specific purpose. I wasn't vouching for the author or his opinions in general, I was vouching for his effective refutations of JW doctrine and dogma in the specific (very short) publication I mentioned.

I was particularly impressed with how he systematically deconstructed any semblance of reason behind the doctrine of God's spokesman being an earthly organization. Now, if you disagree with his reasoning on that point I would be happy to argue his side. If you wish to start a debate thread on that side-issue I will join it, but I don't intend to get involved in that discussion here.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

OldSoul, okay I gotcha. Rhodes just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. But yeah, I suppose his writeups on how God does not work through an organization might be halfway decent to make use of in this circumstance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit