Stargate SG-1 The Ori

by blondie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Did anyone notice that the latest Prior to appear on SG1 was William B. Davis? He played the part of "The Smoking Man" on X-Files.

• VM44
    VM44

Click on the links to see what he looks like as a Prior. --VM44

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/910_13.jpg

• blondie
    blondie

Speaking of X-Files the actor that played Skinner is plays the captain of the Daedelus on Stargate Atlantis.

I find it disturbing to watch the segments with the priors.

Blondie

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Wasn't there an "outer limits" or "twighlight Zone" episode that seemed to deal with the DF issue? I saw it years ago. If those under punishment tried to speak to others or make a friend, glowing spheres floated down to stop them.

HB

• zen nudist
    zen nudist
    Wasn't there an "outer limits" or "twighlight Zone" episode that seemed to deal with the DF issue? I saw it years ago. If those under punishment tried to speak to others or make a friend, glowing spheres floated down to stop them.

it was an episode called THE INVISIBLE if memory serves.... they had a silver ball stuck into their head when they were guilty of some crime and everyone who came across them would say INVISIBLE and shun them.... and they were not even allowed to talk to other invisibles without fear of having their sentance extended...

• VM44
    VM44

Who would be the Ori in The Watchtower Organization today?

Who would be the Priors?

What is the "enlightenment" that The Watchtower Ori hold out to their followers? (Spiritual Pradise?)

and how do The Watchotwer Ori benefit from the worship of their followers? (more followers mean more power?)

--VM44

• VM44
    VM44

btt

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Zen:

The Twilight Zone episode was "To See The Invisible Man" Watching that episode all I could think of was I wish every Witness I knew could watch this.

Just as the Watchtower promises a Paradise Earth that will never come, the Ori on SG-1 promise enlightenment and ascension that will never come.

• blondie
    blondie

SG-1 Adding A New GirlBrad Wright, executive producer of SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate SG-1, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming 10th season will take the current storyline to the next level with the addition of an important new character. Speaking in an interview on the show's Vancouver, Canada, set, where the 10th season is now shooting, Wright offered these spoilers: "The other big change ... is the introduction of a new character, who is basically the leader of the Ori in our galaxy. And her name is Adria."

The character, who has not yet been cast, will show up in the 10th season's premiere episode, "Flesh and Blood," which airs in July. Wright said that she first appears "as a young girl, or various stages of a young girl, if that's not telling too much. And then, of course, we'll see her as a full-grown ... woman later on."

In the ninth-season finale, which just aired on SCI FI, the villainous Ori had sent immense starships into our galaxy to fight the forces of Earth and its allies.

Next season will also see the permanent addition of Claudia Black (Vala) as a regular cast member, joining Ben Browder, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge and Beau Bridges. —Patrick Lee, News Editor

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=35064

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit