HOTEL CALIFORNIA...and beyond

by tijkmo 15 Replies latest social entertainment

• Cowboy
    Cowboy

Saw them in concert 3 years ago, I think. I've always loved the Eagles, and they were every bit as good I'd hoped in concert.

OK, I'll pick 5, but I prob'ly won't pick the same 5 tomorrow.

1. Take It To The Limit

2. Desperado

3. Take It Easy

4. Already Gone

5. Learn To Be Still

• lawrence
    lawrence

Love all of the Eagles, so no list of 5. Favorite - I Can't Tell You Why The Eagles did hit it right on, as did Steely Dan, Traffic, and Jethro Tull, Moody Blues, man...

Listen often to Robbie Robertson's native tunes. Going to pop one in the player now.

Thought this thread was about the JWs and "you can check out, but you can never leave." Was surprised.

Great thread!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

The last resort is an awesome song.Great lyrics..really profound lyrics.

The sad and depressing lot of the Native American.

The Eagles are a Band i must find more about.

• joelbear
    joelbear

1. The Last Resort. I was unaware that other people found it as special as I do, but I'm dang glad to find it out. It gives me chills everytime I hear it and it inspires me.

2. Take It Easy. This is kinda my theme song, since I am trying to learn to take it easy and not let the world of troubles on my mind get me down. and it contains my favorite line from any Eagles song. Standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona, such a find sight to see, its a cub my lord in a flat bed Ford slowing down to take a look at me. I have actually stood on the corner in Winslow Arizona they were referencing.

3. Hotel California. Just a classic. When my best friend Chris brought it over to my house, he said, you have to hear this song. 1977. Wow. We listened to it like 20 times in a row in his car. We actually rooted for it on American Top 40 until it finally reached number 1.

4. Desperado. For me it was coming down from the fence between being myself and living a lie.

5. Lyin Eyes, its so cool to sing to.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Peaceful Easy Feeling

ok, and

Take It To The Limit

Take It Easy

Already Gone

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    discussing the importance of presentation aswell as good music...

The "chicka" guitar track on the song Hotel California was a great Joe Walsh touch, one of those numerous little things that makes it such a perfect song, one of my all time faves

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit