young people ask... what about music?

by in a new york bethel minute 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

This article was written by a friend of mine... he inspired me to write the "YPA... should i attend secondary school?"

MUSIC TODAY..IS IT ACTUALLY MUSIC OR ANAL SEX ?

Whats more enjoyable than listening to your favourite song while relaxing? Service obviously.. but if u really feel the need to listen to one of jehovahs creations then do so with extreme caution..

Youths today are the biggest group of music buyers… it seems to be the “cool” thing to do for that age group.. but is there a danger lurking among these seemingly “cool” “beats”.. YES!! For example..SKULL ROCK and DEATH RAP.. are the most popular among youths today.. many of these songs talk about killing dogs and squirrels.. but the “catchy”..or “cool” beat makes this act seem fun or “cool” to do..

Music can also destroy nd all of a sudden this fast pulsating beat of immorality-house music causes two teens standing around the chip bowl to start thinking about hugging each other.. HUGGING!!??? Yes hugging is now an accepted thing to do in society.. SCARY!!

Only satan’s world would hug..

Also a problem arises when youths try to imitate these music stars.. some have been seen wearing jeans,, probably trying to look like vanilla ice.. or plainly soddam and gomorah .. .

If we are unclear about what is acceptable when it comes to how we use to the power of music ask yourself theses questions… did young timothy wear jeans? Did moses listen to loud pulsating music in his cd player.. the answer is simple..

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

YOUTHS! Beware of Music that Debases!

Music is a snare and a racket and so is Tennis.What i love about the original article is that it says,

*** Watchtower 1983 October 15 pp.10-15 Beware of Music That Debases! ***

"For instance, many popular musicians are involved in the occult. Some openly admit that they worship Satan, and satanic influence often shows up in their music and songs"

I'd like to see that statistic. How much of them would admit to it, or how much of them would even think that they are in a occult.

+2 points for mentioning house music.
    And now your moment of zen

"I will sing because I live with Satan. . . . There's no escaping it, my sweet Satan."
    Britney Spears, i'm sorry but your music has debased me..
  • Soledad
    Soledad

ugh. I hated the WTs take on music. My mother made me get rid of so many tapes and music magazines and banned MTV in my house. All for what? This is the #1 sore point that I have w/the WTS

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

I kinda got the easy way out of this, since for some reason i love music without words (no i don't listen to classical unless its videogame), my mom seems to like it so it pretty much works out for me. The only problem is that the songs are so rare that i'd have to import them.

oh gaybeat everybody knows house music sucks unless you're on coke or E... hehe well, that's the only time i like it! (and i make house music!)

bethel

P.S. (in canada we say E for extacy... i think in the states they call it X)

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

Lol please boi! I love house music especially if its deep house or disco. Yes we call it E here too. Do you like Garage / 2step music?

Hmm i guess i can say Garage music DEBASES

Do you like Garage / 2step music

well that depends what you mean by garage/ 2 step music... can you explain? perhaps you'd like to start a brand new thread on it so everyone can enjoy all that you can teach us about the newest and coolest music out there ;)

bethel

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I love house and breakbeats music. I love progressive breaks too. Is breakbeats an Aussie thing or do you guys have it there too?

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

Lol

I love house and breakbeats music. I love progressive breaks too. Is breakbeats an Aussie thing or do you guys have it there too?

America is the worst place to listen to electro music. Breakbeats aren't really popular here. Its all mainstream vs Indie. On the radio the most popular are HipHop, Emo, Rock, and Pop. Even though most people make fun of Emo, i find the people who dress, and listen to it, interesting. Now some stations will play obscure stuff, like Indie. Then very rarely some will play really obscure music, like progressive house, drumnbass, one here plays nujazz. Only because progressive House plays in clubs, its really the only popular obscure music that can be played on the radio every hour.

Garage / 2step music, i'm not an expert on explaining it but, its like taking Deep House, changing the beat so that it uses a calypso beat, then using R&B singers and stacotta notes. Sometimes the music is very melodius, and sometimes its very abstract and similar to HipHop, except for the beat.

I know it exists in UK clubs, except i'm hearing some people getting tired of it, or that it has gotten too mainstream over there.

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Of course music is evil! It leads to dancing and raping white women!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit