What do you beleive?

by Ragnar1211 53 Replies latest jw friends

• Ragnar1211
    Ragnar1211

Since it is pretty clear what all of you do not believe I am wondering what you do beleive?

2) Why are we here, where are we going?

3) Why do we grow old and die?

4) Will suffering ever end?

5) Would you go to war against fellow beleivers?

6) What does Jesus' sacrafice mean to you?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Those questions sound so familiar....wait a minute...are you counting time?

• Ragnar1211
    Ragnar1211

Nope, just interested in finding out what people that are so emphatic against Jehovah's witnesses actually beleive.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    1) Who is the creator of the universe?

God

We are here for God's pleasure. Why do you have pets? Same reason.

Original sin, Adam and Steve, then Steve got the operation, changed name to Eve. That's in one of those hidden books of the bible though.

Yes, when I die, I will no longer suffer.

I wouldn't ever go to war.

Finally, a good sensible question. It's all about Jesus' sacrifice.

Kwin

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

People here believe a variety of things. Some are christian, some are not. On the whole a nice bunch. I myself dont judge people simply because they have left the jw org.

Josie

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Lemme cut to the chase right away, no bullshit. This represents hour and hours of research on my part, and it's what I truly believe.

1. We evolved from apes. Evolution is a real, proven fact.

2. The Bible is literature, full of mythology and ancient propaganda. It's no more inspired than "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss. In fact I would argue that "Green Eggs and Ham" is a more useful social commentary.

All jokes aside, its can be tough to get out of cults like the dubs, Ragnar. Education destroy's cults. Get educated. It's the right thing to do. Then you can feel free to believe whatever magical bullshit you feel inclined to, if you're so inclined.

GBL

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here is part of what I believe: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/98570/1.ashx I was never a JW. I married one instead. Some of the things he follows are decidedlly un-Christian. Foremost is the doctrine of shunning and avoiding "bad association".

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

1) Who is the creator of the universe? The big man/woman/thing in the sky...maybe

2) Why are we here, where are we going? I cant answer that for you

3) Why do we grow old and die? bad genes?

4) Will suffering ever end? yes, at death

5) Would you go to war against fellow beleivers? believers of what?

6) What does Jesus' sacrafice mean to you? hope and love

• Ragnar1211
    Ragnar1211

Thanks for the responses - keep them coming please.

By the way, I am not judging anyone, I sincerely hope people are searching for a closer relationship with God rather than trying to tear others down.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    By the way, I am not judging anyone, I sincerely hope people are searching for a closer relationship with God rather than trying to tear others down.

Keep on reading then. There is a big support system here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit