LMAO--wikiepedia entry for Joseph Rutherford

by IronGland 13 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland

Second to last paragraph quoted:

In San Diego, California in the 1920's, the organization built a house in California called Beth Sarim. The Hebrew words Beth Sarim mean 'House of the Princes'. It was bought for the claimed "purpose of housing the prophets and godly men of old", who were expected to be physically resurrected before Armageddon to help with Christ's Millennial reign over the earth.After the prediction failed, he was quoted as saying "I made an ass of myself." A local paper published a humorous interview with Rutherford about the beliefs in March 1930. Rutherford used the villa,it's two luxury cadillacs and it's copious supply of scotch whiskey for himself for many years until his death in 1942, and in 1948 the villa was sold. These teachings were soon after dismissed.

• gaybeat
    gaybeat

This ones easy! I wonder if Jesus built a lush villa for himself when he was going to die.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

rolling on the floor What a sot.

• TD
    TD

How about this?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Rutherford used the villa,it's two luxury cadillacs and it's copious supply of scotch whiskey for himself for many years until his death in 1942,

I bet it was a single malt too.

W

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

TD....You've been quite the treasure man lately, haven't you. :)) Do you happen to have the San Diego Sun piece?

BTW, it should not be forgotten that Bonnie Boyd also took up lodging there from time to time, not to mention the Balkos who lived there full-time.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

That's all good stuff, but I'm concerned about an authoritative source misspelling words.

Rutherford used the villa,it's two luxury cadillacs and it's copious supply
  • Leolaia
    Leolaia

Cygnus....You go can go right there on the page and fix it. Anyone can edit and correct info in Wikipedia pages.

• TD
    TD
    TD....You've been quite the treasure man lately, haven't you. :)) Do you happen to have the San Diego Sun piece?

LOL... I've been collecting this stuff for years --No point in being stingy with it.

The San Diego Sun piece I don't have...... : (

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Hi Leo,

Are you thinking about the following article at this link?

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/89a.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit