What Doctrines Have Changed?

by Rayvin 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I was talking to my father about the Awake! mag talking about Christianity and how their followers were losing faith and trust in the religion because doctrines have changed. What was once a SIN five yrs ago is no longer a sin. I said " how ironic that the JWs talk about something that they themselves do" He said.." the only thing they changed on was the college issue.. and thats not even a doctrine"

Since he has opened the floor for discussion on that issue can anyone help me with a list and proofs of the changes they have made over the years?

I did briefly mention the fact that Organ transplant is now considered a conscience matter and that it can't be if they still believe in no blood transfusions since organs contain blood and there is no way to "squeeze" every last drop of it out.

Oh.. just in case people are curious... I haven't called the stranger JW back but she did call me back. I didn't answer and she didn't leave a message this time. But the funny thing is when she called. Sat morning around 10:00 am.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Here is a link from a thread earlier. http://home.c2i.net/norman/changes.htm This list the changes in their doctrine.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Which decade, or even century should one even start when it comes to flip-flopped teachings and doctrines? How about the teaching that Christ returned in 1874 and the time of the end being in 1914 then they switch and put the time of Christ returning in 1914 and the BEGINNING of the time of the end being in 1914. Somebody correct me if Im wrong here.

The separating of the sheeps and the goats described in Matthew happens after the big A or great tribulation instead of happening from 1914 until now.

These are just 2 changes that I can come up with on the top of my head on a Monday morning.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

1. Every date they have held up as important, has had it's meaning changed at some point. (1874, 1914, 1925, 1975).

2. Vaccines.

3. Organ Transplants. (Which is a big deal considering how many faithful JW's died to uphold the belief.)

4. This Generation's meaning has been changed.

Those are just a few of the top of my head. Go to the freeminds site to find all the documentation.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Check this out- Apathy predicted for city primary
    Brockton Enterprise, United States - 21 minutes ago
    ... "I don't vote anyway," said Serge Brice, 51, a Jehovah's Witness, as he took clothes out of a washer at the Highlander Laundromat on the city's West Side. ... "I don't vote anyway," said Serge Brice, 51, a Jehovah's Witness, as he took clothes out of a washer at the Highlander Laundromat on the city's West Side. "I'm thinking about (voting), but not for now."

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

1. Jesus is no longer the "mediator" for the "other sheep".
    2. Blood fractions now acceptable.
    3. The no longer pick the pepperoni off their pizza. They used to do that when I first joined.
    4. Generation of 1914.
    5. Change in baptismal questions, with the Holy Spirit being dumped in favour of "spirit directed organization".

W

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

FF-

They changed the baptismal questions?? Why? Man.. I am really out of the loop.

• Rayvin
    Rayvin

I will not just need a list.. I need actual tangible proof. Like..opposing WT or AWAKE articles.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    They changed the baptismal questions?? Why?

To deny you any right to sue them when they DF you. Every major decision they make is legalistic in motivation.

• jstalin
    jstalin

http://quotes.watchtower.ca will give you copies of everything you need to show the changes in doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit