My Escape

by Joel Wideman 60 Replies latest jw experiences

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hi Joel. Thanks for taking the time to write down your story for us! I know what you mean about finding out you were lied to all your life. That was devestating for me. I am still adjusting to it quite some time later.

I really look forward to reading more of what you have to share! Welcome aboard

• Quentin
    Quentin

Good to meet you Joel...cults do have a strong hold...even after being gone from it as long as I have can look back and see the hold it had on me for so long...was I right, was I wrong?...don't feel that way anymore, but did take time...welcome to the board...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Neat story, Joel. I notice one word repeated over and over, "stupid". I say, welcome to the human race, we've all been there. I, too, was raised by a crazy momma. She's much better now. My first "stupid" mistake was getting pregnant, the second was to marry the father, the third was to get pregnant again. But if I had not done those things, I would not have my children, my grandchild, or my hard-knocks education.

In spite of it all you have been through, you are an intelligent, thoughtful, and creative man. I bet you have a future in writing.

• Tez
    Tez

Welcome to the board!!! You will find you are among caring folk, who also feel they have been 'stupid' to believe all the lies. Me for one!! It does take some time to get over the brain washing, I am still struggling! But look forward to seeing more of you on this board. Welcome to Freedom!!!

• Joel Wideman
    Joel Wideman

Firefox. And thanks for your help

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the forum, Joel.

Cellist

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Welcome to the forum Joel and thank you so much for sharing your story with us.

I think one of the greatest tragedies of being a witless is not rearing your children properly. It sets them up for extreme difficulties in REAL life (remember being told to get a firm hold on the 'real life' - they haven't got a clue!). My eldest son, the one whom I attempted to indoctrinate (the GB refered to it as in-cul(t)-cate ... hmmm) until he was 14 and I fell away is having the hardest time adjusting to being a young adult. I wanted to push him out of the nest at 21 but I realize that he's not ready and it's partly my fault.

Anyway man, I'm glad you're here and free!!!!

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Welcome!

DY

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome to the forum Joel. I look forward to your input here.

• Sassy
    Sassy

Welcome to the board!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit