nightmares

by fairchild 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

I usually get them when I have something on my mind worrying me. But I also know that some anti depressants cause nightmares too.

Hope you find out what is triggering it off.

es

• fairchild
    fairchild
    i get them, along with sleep paralysis...

What is sleep paralysis?? I have never heard of this and I'm eager to know what it is.

Just a thought (because alcohol dehydrates you) - are you drinking enough water through the day? Dehydration will give you a dry mouth and a real bad headache. ;

Thanks sad emo. Yes, I thought of that, and have been drinking extra water before going to bed. I always drink plenty of fluids, because I had kidney stones a couple of years ago, and I never, ever want to deal with kidney stones again, so I make sure to drink plenty of water.

Is there a situation going on right now that needs to be dealt with, and is troubling to you?

Isn't there always some sort of situation in our lives? I think the only thing that really troubles me is the fact that I work too much, but on the other hand, I don't really mind it, because I am planning on taking a year off, so I know that working too much is only temporary. I'm not troubled too easily though, and as I am looking forward to my year off, it makes things a lot easier.

• talesin
    talesin

Sleep paralysis, my experience.

I am in the stage of sleep that is close to consciousness. I am aware, but not awake. I can't move. I am struggling for a breath. Then, I wake, gasping, and my joints hurt from being clenched.

tal

• fairchild
    fairchild

Thanks, tal. I have something different, but I don't think it's called sleep paralysis. I don't know what it is. Sometimes when I lie down to sleep, my heart starts pounding very heavily. It gets to a point where I can basically feel my blood flow throughout my body. It is a very eerie feeling and tough to describe. It started about 10 years ago, and for about 5 years after it started, it would happen every single night. Then all of a sudden it disappeared and all was fine. Now it only occurs every once in a while. Once it starts, it will occur for like 3 or 4 nights in a row, and then it will disappear again. Some nights when it was at its worst, I'd have to sit up in bed for hours on end, and then I'd finally fall asleep from exhaustion. I've tried relaxing tea, a hot bath, everything, but nothing helps. I can't figure out what triggers it. Sometimes I ask around, but nobody seems to have this problem. I once bought this thing to measure my blood pressure, I take my blood pressure frequently to see if my blood pressure goes up on nights when this occurs, but it remains the same. I have often changed my before-bed routine to see if it would make a difference, but I can't figure anything out here. My guess would be anxiety, but I'm not the kind of person to be plagued by anxiety. Does anyone else ever have this occur I wonder??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit