nightmares

by fairchild 13 Replies latest jw friends

• fairchild
    fairchild

I almost never used to have nightmares, but recently, I've been having plenty. I usually wake up during or after a nightmare with an extremely dry mouth and a pounding headache. The nightmares occur about 4 or 5 times a week. This has been going on for about 2 months now. Anyone else? Any suggestions?

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I have had nightmares for years. Mine are from anxiety and distrust of people. I think it would be important to know what's happening in your nightmares, for anyone to try to help you figure out what may or may not be causing them.....

• under74
    under74

mmm...I get them now and then. It's usually when I'm in a stressful time or they've also happened when I took certain medications.

• exjdub
    exjdub

fairchild,

I had so much anger and resentment after leaving the Borg, along with working for someone at the time that was very cruel and very corrupt, that I started having nightmares. They were always very graphic and very vivid and always had the theme of somebody either being murdered or dying in a fire right in front of me. Scared the daylights out of me and left me feeling very uncomfortable. I began seeing an acupuncturist for other reasons and just happened to mention the nightmares. He asked for details of the nightmares, asked me a few more questions, and then treated me with needles. I don't know what he did, nor do I remember the needle placement, but I can tell you that the nightmares stopped within a few days, never to return. I have no explanation for why/how it worked. But I can tell you that it made me a believer in acupuncture. Sorry you are having nightmares. They are never enjoyable.

Exjdub

• Shania
    Shania

Sometimes certain meds you might be on can cause your brain to work overtime while your trying to sleep and can cause nightmares.

• fairchild
    fairchild
    I think it would be important to know what's happening in your nightmares, for anyone to try to help you figure out what may or may not be causing them.....

They are really all different, but there are always people involved whom I know or whom I used to know.

They were always very graphic and very vivid

Yes, same here. *shudders*

Sometimes certain meds you might be on can cause your brain to work overtime while your trying to sleep and can cause nightmares

I don't take any meds at all, just my usual vitamins and natural supplements which I have been taking for years. I don't even take as much as a pain killer.

mmm...I get them now and then. It's usually when I'm in a stressful time

I have a rather stressful job, but I always leave my job at the door when I come home. The stress doesn't really get to me, it never has.

The dry mouth and headache give me a feeling as if the nightmares result from a physical cause. I am allergic to alcohol, and the few times when I did have a few sips from someone's drink, that is exactly how I would feel. Waking up in the middle of the night with a very dry mouth and a pounding headache.

• under74
    under74
    I have a rather stressful job, but I always leave my job at the door when I come home. The stress doesn't really get to me, it never has.

I usually think I'm not stressed out as well...but signs show up later....like nighmares.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

i get them, along with sleep paralysis... although the sleep paralysis comes less frequently now that i know it's not demonic attacks

bethel

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    I am allergic to alcohol, and the few times when I did have a few sips from someone's drink, that is exactly how I would feel. Waking up in the middle of the night with a very dry mouth and a pounding headache.

Just a thought (because alcohol dehydrates you) - are you drinking enough water through the day? Dehydration will give you a dry mouth and a real bad headache.

• talesin
    talesin

If it's not medication-related, nightmares are usually an indication that your brain is processing while you are sleeping.

This can be about things going on in your day-to-day life, or it may be unresolved issues from your past.

Is there a situation going on right now that needs to be dealt with, and is troubling to you?

Have you been working on your emotional/mental health? Feeling 'safer' lately? This is often when past issues will surface, as the safe feeling allows you to bring them up to be dealt with.

Often, the people in our dreams/nightmares represent parts of ourselves. The dreams can have many layers of meaning. A good counsellor can help you figure this out. It's helped me a lot.

tal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit