Bicycling

by Cygnus 12 Replies latest jw friends

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Your nuts and joints are going to hate you unless you get full suspension. You can turn your bike into a full suspension bike or at least have a facimile of full suspension if you put in a suspension fork and a suspension seatpost. I can set you up with one if you want.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I spent $300 for my last hybrid bike. (oh I miss that so much) I used to cycle 100 KM a day 2 -3 times a week. Montreal has a few cycling paths but to get to them or most other places was street access.

All the advice above is great but I will add one thing that is essential

HELMET Get a good one. It could save your life. I went over the handle bars one time (it was go over the handles bars or under the truck) and I landed with my head and neck on a cement parking bar. If not for the helmet I would have broken my neck or died. I also had saddle bags for my bike. That too was an essential for me. I did my groceries with the bike. And believe me a backpack is not safe when you are cycling. If you have to stop or turn quickly the weight in the bag shifts and can knock you totally off balance. Better to put things in the saddle bags. Oh and a lot of bikes don't have fenders. Get some. The backslash will soak your behind and back if you don't have fenders. Ok more than one thing to say

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Thanks CRR. :) I'll let you know if I think I need to add the modifcations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit