praying for mass destruction and death

by Cognitive_Dissident 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Daunt
    Daunt

I think anewme is right in his assertions. If groups did not have the need to control the masses there wouldn't be as much focus on mass destruction and prostelyzation as it is now. But that's the way things are. A large amount of people love to depress themselves for some reason.

• anewme
    anewme

Well, my psyche is very tender! And I strongly recommend only reading the last paragraph of any article in the Watchtower or Awake! as they focus on the beautiful paradise only.

• kid-A
    kid-A

anewme,

you sound like a very gentle and kind person, but you are the only JW I have ever known who isnt focused on the coming wrath of god and the destruction of "the wicked old system" and all the sinners within it. Maybe if more JWs were like you, they wouldnt get such a bad rap on this 'mass destruction issue'.

• talesin
    talesin
    Pick and choose what literature you will read, or read none of it and only the lovely Bible parts that bring you joy. Focus on Jehovah's magnificence!

This, according to the JWs, will get you destroyed!

Well, my psyche is very tender! And I strongly recommend only reading the last paragraph of any article in the Watchtower or Awake! as they focus on the beautiful paradise only.

Same comment. Oops, I thought you were a 'practicing' JW (really, I did, I haven't read enough of your posts). Sorry, my mistake! t

• Sheri
    Sheri

So many JW's, myself included, tucked away that reality in the dark recesses of our brains & hearts and said Jehovah reads all hearts when it comes to Armaggedon or that there will be major changes before it all breaks loose, yet the WT and Questions from Readers state the very opposite. True there are some that are proud of that fact but I believe a great many don't accept it as so written and ignore and excuse the articles that touch upon it.

I was sobered up during an assembly last year when the speaker said that if Armaggedon came today only 8,000 persons would be alive the next day of the 2.1 million now living in Hawaii. I sat there is total disbelief, then anger then started my journey in researching why he really could say that. The JW literature gives you the four steps we all must take for Salvation, the big one being: You must support and be part of God's SOLE CHANNEL his visible organization on earth. If, not you and the rest are all toast.

I have wondered how many others heard and did not process the speakers comments, and if they did just excused them. When I did bring this to the attention of a few the first comment was "he should not of said that", but then I handed one person the two watchtower articles that show he had the full right to say what has been printed. One's comment when she was reading the WT article was a long "Oh". I told the elder that if we (JWs) dont believe that then we (JW Org) should not print it. Of course then begins the process of saying leave it to Jehovah to read all hearts etc, etc, etc, ignore, excuse and discard, but we (JWs) are still the sole channel of God!

It feels good to be able to see clearly and love freely all mankind.

Peace

Sheri

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

: It feels good to be able to see clearly and love freely all mankind.

Boy do I second that motion. The doom and gloom of expecting the world to be destroyed in the very near future is just not a healthy way to live.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

We had a CO visit once and we were told, at our service arrangement, to ask the householders if they ever prayed the Lord's Prayer. And we were supposed to explain to them that, every time they said "let your kingdom come" they were actually praying for their own destruction. We were told to support our statement using:

Daniel 2:44

44 “And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

I'm surprised more householders didn't kick our asses.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit