Witnesses admit to counting time on-line ...

by dedalus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• nelly136
    nelly136

well her email address is open, nothing stopping a person sending the requested links?
    nelly

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Tina, I read the MoTG post about the news article. In true DUB form, he shrugged it off as lies. And to think, saying it was from a private newsgroup-that was the REAL lie. But he had no problem pointing out that the murder here in NJ was an "inactive" as he put it. He provided the link to that one I think.

btw, I sent the Berry story link to a popuar talk radio show host yesterday via e-mail. Gonna see if I hear anything next week on their show.

Boozy

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Hi Everyone!

Another thing that comes to mind here is that Witnesses always say that no-one else does the preaching work. Well if its ok to "count time" for any online discussion of "God related material" or just for sticking Ps83:18 on the bottom of any correspondence, then this must qualify as preaching.

In which case were all pioneers. All replies to people such as Tattoogrl are RVs and if you reply more than 3 times its a study!

Seriously though, on this criteria millions of non JWs are preaching.

Oh and please somebody follow Nelly and e-mail the girl who wanted the link and ask her to challenge ManoftheTrueWhatever about his bare faced lie.

Is ManoftheTrue... Fred? ha ha!

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Infact if somebody posts the link that she wants,I'll read it and then e-mail her myself.

• Vienna
    Vienna

Well, I'm glad they are encouraging on-line witnesses. Perhaps more witnesses will do a search and come to sites like this and get reading about the reality of the WT society. Could it be???

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hey Pubsinger:

Great idea!

If you want to email the JW who was "lied to" by "manofwhatever" as Nelly suggested, I found these links to the original news releases that are posted on Kent's site at http://watchtower.observer.org/

But just in case they might be to "indoctrinated" to visit or stay and read on an ex-jw site, you could post these links below on his site. They will take her directly to the original news releases.

http://www.courier-journal.com/localnews/2001/08/08/ke080801s63099.htm

http://www.telegraph-nh.com/main.asp?FromHome=1&TypeID=1&ArticleID=37854&SectionID=25&SubSectionID=354

http://www.citizen.com/news2001/August/08/ap0808b.htm

Hope this works for her. Maybe she'll pass the info on...and so on and so on and......

• Tina
    Tina

(((((((((boozie)))))))))))))WTG!! Let us know if they talk about it! great move there....oh btw,speaking of shielding the already braindead,ManofTrueGag removed the whole topic! (snort) luv ya,T

• Grunt
    Grunt

Thanks for all the links. As for the dubs coming here, I believe they do and in droves. Free speech is a wonderful thing and draws them like flies to honey. Even if all they do is lurk, it is still refreshing to them. I love the fact that some are counting time on line. I hope they log a LOT of hours here. Even the arguments here are educational for them, and though the language in some might put them off a little, they have heard it all before on the playground. Besides the language can let them feel "superior." Coming here shows they really are interested in truth and not just propaganda, with the amount of evidence available that interest will be fed at the expense of the Purple Press in Brooklyn. As for ManofTrueGod or whatever, he is a proven liar. Once he left and claimed he wouldn't be back over at Wit.net, he was back before he was missed, hmmmm, might have been a while at that. How very like them to pull such a thread. Too bad he couldn't make it to the trial to lend support to the pervert.

• dedalus
    dedalus
    Well, I'm glad they are encouraging on-line witnesses.

Me too -- but it's a case of on-line Witnesses encouraging other on-line Witnesses. The Organization actively discourages them, though as one poster at greatcrowd.com pointed out, it hasn't said anything explicit about this particular question.

I wouldn't be surprised if it soon did, though! Threads like that one, monitored from Bethel headquarters, will likely prompt a "Question From Readers" article in which the parable of the talents and the number of horns on the beast's fifth head are used to demonstrate that on-line witnessing is bad. ("Just ask yourself, 'Would Jesus post a URL?'")

Dedalus

P.S. I just remembered a #4 talk I gave about that beast from revelation. I asked, "So, what do you think: is it one beast with five heads, or five beasts with one body? This is the ontological question with which we must grasp." It was one of my last talks.

• nelly136
    nelly136

removed already?
    oh well good job I saved it then,
    nelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit