Witnesses admit to counting time on-line ...

by dedalus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• dedalus
    dedalus

I wonder how much of a trend this is, and what it means for the Watchtower Publishing Empire. Hours up, placements down ...

http://www.greatcrowd.com/159ubb/Forum1/HTML/000234.html

Dedalus

• larc
    larc

Dedalus,

I read part of that discussion - very interesting. Now it seems to me that if a JW comes here and they spend 15 minutes composing a detailed post and a hundred people read it, they can multiply 15 minutes times 100, and they have racked up 25 hours in the preaching work. Hey, three posts and they have exceeded the pioneer requirenments. Is life good or what?

• dedalus
    dedalus

Larc,

Great point! All they have to do now is reduce the number of meetings to once a week & nix the ban on fornication, and hell, I'll go back!

Seriously, though, how can the Organization regulate on-line evangelizing? Unlike the door-to-door work, there's no one watching you; you never have to put in an appearance, never have to show up for the pre-service pep rally. What's to prevent dubs from engaging exclusively in on-line witnessing work?

Could be a brave new world in dub-land.

Dedalus

• larc
    larc

I have another high tech idea. The public talk should be put up on satellite and broadcast to our tv, that way we could eat pizza and drink beer during the talk. Life is getting better and better.

• Tina
    Tina

Hi Ded and larc,
    Ded? Did you see the 'In the news' forum? ManofTruegod mentions the Berry case-says it's baseless and when another poster asks for a link to see the article he tells her it's from a privtae newsgroup,she can't access it! Can you say LIE LIE LIE ,,,,,,,,hugs,T

• dedalus
    dedalus

Tina,

I found that thread too ...

http://www.greatcrowd.com/159ubb/Forum28/HTML/000106.html

Manofthetruegod is a moderator, I noticed. I suppose this means he could delete any post that had the url in question. Ah, aren't JW's so well informed?

Dedalus

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Interesting, Tina. Do most of the posters to those sheltered-from-the-big-bad-outside-world forums know about these forums? If so, she could put two and two together and come over here to see it all being discussed. Of course, someone from on here who has a foot in the door could always provide a link...

As for the whole witnessing online thread, I really pity the woman who lost her mother and the person who got the receiving end of the "Why I don't celebrate birthdays" post. When my daughter died, it was the offensive and evil "When someone you love dies" booklet I was given which finally got my back up and made me realise I had nothing in common with these opportunistic but otherwise unhelpful ratbags.

Q: How do you know a Dub loyal to "Jehovah's Organisation" is lying?
    A: Their lips are moving.

• Hank
    Hank

larc, Dedalus, Tina,

They are so LOST. It breaks my heart.

Hank

• Tina
    Tina

((((((ded))))))))
    ManofTrueGag came on the old H20 once (if I remember correctly) just to berate,deride.Yanno ,what they do best lol.hugs to FOxy too!~

(((((steph)))))))))
    I'm sure guard dogs such as manoftruegag watch carefully. I always hope someone 'on the inside' can get an url or two out. They are so blind naive gullible(add any word) it's depressing. sigh,Tina

• Tina
    Tina

Hi Hank!
    Very True and Welcome aboard!! regards,tina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit