Did you ever give blood?

by JH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Did you ever give blood, if so, how often and how does it feel? Does it hurt?

• rebel8
    rebel8

It's just an IV needle. Hurts a bit more than getting a flu shot, that's it though.

• JH
    JH

Does the needle hurt just at first or all throughout the time you give blood?

• Soledad
    Soledad

well I just gave blood a couple of weeks ago. I'll admit the needle did hurt a bit but it wasn't intolerable pain. I plan on giving again later this year, maybe just before Thanksgiving.

• talesin
    talesin

I can't give blood, but I have many friends who do, and on a regular basis. They say it's no biggie. Just like having your blood tested, it depends on the expertise of the person administering the 'treatment', BUT they are much more careful as you are GIVING blood, and are not just another (ho-hum) 'patient' they are sticking.

You also get free cookies and a glass of juice.

tal

• TD
    TD

Donating feels exactly like it does when you have blood drawn for testing. ---The needle stings a little bit going in and that's all. Nothing that you would describe as "pain."

Actually, if you've been raised as a JW, you'll probably be too excited the first time you donate to feel much.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Isn't the needle a bit bigger than the one they use for blood draws? I don't know.

JH I haven't given blood. But when I get IVs they hurt a little going in and then if I keep the arm still it doesn't hurt after that.

• defd
    defd

I gave blood many times as a young adult.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I gave plasma once, and I felt physically ill afterwards.

• TD
    TD

It's a big needle for sure. You can actually see the hole in the end of it. When you're done, they'll apply a pressure bandage (Usually with brightly colored tape) that needs to be worn for a few hours.

It doesn't feel any different that having blood drawn for testing though (At least to me)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit