The U.N. and the Destruction of Babylon the Great.

by Flash 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Its been my opinion that when responcibility for the War On Terror gets turned over to the U.N. they will in time conclude (with God's help) that 'religion' is the main problem and has to be eliminated.

Once the UN realizes this obvious fact, they will utilize it to their own benefit. Much like the food for oil scam they perpetuated. Instead of destroying religion, they will scam religion. Skimming profits from oil sales is nothing when compared to the fast funds available in religous coffers.

I personaly feel that the whole "religion is the root of evil" teaching of the WTS is one of the few things they got right. The problem is that the GB is arrogant enough to believe they are not included in the mess. They are. The problem with most religions, is that they force intelligent people to surrender their own free will to the whims of the few. Religion causes the rational to grow irrational, the sane to perform insane acts. As such it is dangerous.

• metatron
    metatron

By itself, the UN is feeble almost to the point of being worthless. Take a good look at Iraq or Afghanistan in which some gunfire

causes them to run away and leave the country. Their donated soldiers have been exposed as little more than mercenaries

who often steal, torture and rape ( Annan and other leaders are worried about this lack of discipline).

Religion is not the problem. Islam's flirtation with jihadism is. That's the problem. The Watchtower continues to preach

yet another fantasy - to 'string along' its contributors ($) to waste yet another decade or so of their lives peddling magazines.

Years ago, Watchtower leaders were enthusiastic about a proposed resolution, backed by the then Soviet Union, that could

be interpreted as against religion - it went nowhere.

After 120 years of prophetic failure, why believe anything they say?

metatron

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Flash:

It could play out to be an interesting scenario. Bush has gotten a lot of slack for concentrating most resources to the fight in Iraq instead of helping the victims of Hurricane Katrina. So it would be in the U.S. best interest for the U.N. to take over the terror fight. Less criticism to face for Bush. I believe the destruction of Babylon the Great is fast coming. People have no respect for religion, and understandably so. Politicians such as Bush only use it for their advantage in their political careers.

It's true that the U.N. has less influence, but this could change from one day to the other. If the U.S. allows it to have more influence, then it will. The book of Revelations has that part right.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Hi SoJ,

How have you been?

Someday you'll look into a good commentary of Revelation in its historical setting and you'll figure out what it meant... Meanwhile, enjoy the apocalyptic fun!

• OldSoul
    OldSoul
    It could play out to be an interesting scenario.

Incredibly safe conditional ground you set yourself on. So safe as to possibly render some of your arguments impossible to refute.

Bush has gotten a lot of slack for concentrating most resources to the fight in Iraq instead of helping the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

True. But then, Bush got a lot of flak for starting a war against a subjective concept in the first place. He got a lot of flak for sending large numbers of National Guardsmen into a foreign country on the premise that we were thus protecting our border. He got a lot of flak for his stated views on incentive programs to promote U.S. business movement into China. He got a lot of flak for his views on protecting our nations borders from invasion by foreign nationals, Arabian or otherwise.

In other words, what is your point? Flak hasn't caused this President to rethink one iota of policy, as far as I can see.

So it would be in the U.S. best interest for the U.N. to take over the terror fight. Less criticism to face for Bush.

If Bush facing less criticism is even an objective during a last term year. Popularity polls don't seem to matter that much to him this time around. Also, your assumption is that what is good for U.S. interests automatically coincides with what is good for Bush interests. These can be at cross odds.

I believe the destruction of Babylon the Great is fast coming.

You also believe that Babylon the Great is the World Empire of False Religion. You would have believed the destruction was fast coming in 1914, too. But you would have been wrong. Even in prophetic terms, 70 years is a long time. 90 years is an additional span equivalent to fully half the Israelites punishment in the Wilderness. 40 years was a long time.

How long is "soon", "fast", "near"? All of these terms are subjective, but whenever that is pointed out the defense is invariably "We don't know the day or the hour!" I add, you apparently don't know the year, or the decade, or the century, either. Couldn't even hit the right millenium, in point of fact. So what reason does anyone who hears you have to place confidence in "the thing heard?"

People have no respect for religion, and understandably so.

I wonder if that has something to do with unsubstantiable beliefs being droned in a mantra-esque manner into the ears of people who don't recognize the failure of the promises that went before. What do you think?

Politicians such as Bush only use it for their advantage in their political careers.

I disagree. You are barking up the wrong tree if you think Bush is a purely political animal. He is a true believer! Delusional believer, in my opinion.

It's true that the U.N. has less influence, but this could change from one day to the other.

Okay. It could change, or it could stay the same. Again, a completely safe 100% conditional statement that cannot be successfully argued against. You didn't say anything, so I can't argue against what you don't say. You imply, I caught the implication, but you can deny that you implied it later. Keep this up and you will be on the WTS writing staff in no time at all.

If the U.S. allows it to have more influence, then it will.

Duh! That is obvious. A moot point, for the purpose of your argument, because the U.S. shows no inclination toward doing that.

The book of Revelations has that part right.

Which part? That the U.S. will give the U.N. more influence? I wasn't aware that the succession of Kings as described by the JWs involved one King granting authority to the successive King. Your understanding is interesting, please elaborate on that point.

Respectfully,

OldSoul

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

OldSoul:

To dissect every single thing I wrote is very unrespectful. Instead of adding thoughts to the topic, you take the time to poke fun at how I wrote my thoughts. I take offence to that.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

I did not intend disrespect in any comment I made. I don't even know how disrespect could have been derived from any of my comments, except the "Duh!" comment. I hoped you would take that one comment as good-natured ribbing, not as disrespect. You think I was poking fun? I did not intend any such thing. I apologize for offending you.

I was critically analyzing the basis for your statements. Critical analysis is adding thoughts to the topic. If you don't believe me, ask around. I took umbrage to your use of conditional, grossly non-specific statements to build what amounted to an emotional case for your argument that has glaring logical fallacies throughout.

The sky could fall tomorrow. Cars could fly within a couple of years. Just because these things could happen, does not mean that attaching importance to these possibilities makes any logical sense. Or spiritual sense, for that matter.

The fact is, the book of Revelations doesn't say one word about the U.N. Or the World Empire of False Religion. Or the Anglo-American World Power. So when you speak of Revelations saying this or that with regard to interactions between the U.N. and the Anglo-American World Power, you are actually adding to the words of the scroll. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is the source of that "special knowledge", not Revelations.

If you would like to discuss any of these points, I will happily oblige. I suspect, however, that you are sincere enough to recognize the truth of what I have said. As you can discover from other threads on this forum, I don't sign off "Respectfully" lightly. I credit others with respect until, in my opinion, I determine it is misplaced.

Respectfully,

OldSoul

• Scully
    Scully

Sword of Jah:

To dissect every single thing I wrote is very unrespectful. Instead of adding thoughts to the topic, you take the time to poke fun at how I wrote my thoughts. I take offence to that.

I have a couple of questions for you.

1. Are you above being challenged on your beliefs and opinions?
    2. Are you so narrow-minded that you cannot tolerate the process of having your beliefs and opinions tested?
    3. How will you know, for a certainty, that your beliefs and opinions are accurate if you do not subject them to critical analysis, challenges or questioning?

I sincerely doubt that Old Soul's intent was to disrespect you in any way. But I get the sense that he was trying to challenge your thinking ability and help you make an honest analysis of your beliefs and opinions. Could you try looking at the situation from that perspective?

Cheers, Scully

• metatron
    metatron

"People have no respect for religion" ?? Hello?

500 million Hindus? Hundreds of millions of Muslims - who often admire jihad? Millions of born agains who voted against

Kerry? Millions of Buddhists? Almost all of Catholic/Pentecostal Latin America? Millions of Russians who now can

freely go to Orthodox churches now?

This sort of thinking well illustrates the illusory character of Watchtower "reasoning". Never let facts stand in the way

of a dramatic Witness fantasy. Of course after 120 years of prophetic dead ends, it shouldn't be surprizing.

metatron

• Flash
    Flash

ozziepost

Sorry, like Stilla I'm unmoved. Sounds like typical end-timers stuff to me.

Yes it does, remember though, Jesus was an end-timer too.

Robdar

Flash, I wish you were correct. But an end to organized religion will never happen. People need direction and unfortunately they turn to the church.

Left on its own, probably not, but it is God who puts it into their hearts to destroy it.

Hellrider

The UN is as liberal and politically correct as you can get.

Liberals HATE religion.

DannyHaszard

Everybody knows that it's a foregone conclusion the world's strife is instigated by religion. No special insight here.
    True, and putting aside the alleged and possibly erroneous details from the WTS of how it will all unfold, it wont take much of a push from God to terminate it.
    I should add that actually there is,cause the demons who inspire WT writings may know their own doomsday timeline.[James 2:19]
    Good point, they probably do. The point is, it will happen.
    jeeprube
    I personaly feel that the whole "religion is the root of evil" teaching of the WTS is one of the few things they got right. The problem is that the GB is arrogant enough to believe they are not included in the mess.
    True, true. I've come to believe the WTS probably since Russell's death has been run buy the Evil Slave.
    metatron
    After 120 years of prophetic failure, why believe anything they say?
    Primarily because Jesus is the one who stressed His coming and the 'lateness' of His arrival.
    SwordOfJah
    It's true that the U.N. has less influence, but this could change from one day to the other. If the U.S. allows it to have more influence, then it will. The book of Revelations has that part right.
    I agree with you. The insight about the Lamb-like Beast (USA) breathing 'life' into the image (UN) I think could happen over night although I am more inclined to think it would happen when Democrats were in power...Did you know President Clinton aspires and is working to become, the next Secretary General of the UN when Kofi Annan's term ends in 2006?
    Even though I belive the Evil Slave has been in charge of God's people, like the Scribes and Pharisees of Israel and including good people like Nicodemus, they are still IMO God's people and have had a certain amount of special knowledge given to them over the years...Yet, when the Master arrives I don't think the GB, for the most part, will be hearing "Well done!" from Him.
    OldSoul
    Which part? That the U.S. will give the U.N. more influence? I wasn't aware that the succession of Kings as described by the JWs involved one King granting authority to the successive King. Your understanding is interesting, please elaborate on that point.

Respectfully,

Their belief is (and I think it is correct) the Beast with the two horns like a lamb (USA and England) will empower the UN with greater authority than it ever had or ever will have. Revelation 13: 11 to 15 (Revelation Book, page 193 - 195)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit