I'm starting to like 'Gospel Music' now - any favorites?

by AK - Jeff 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• under74
    under74

The Staple Singers

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Does contemporary Christian music count as gospel?

Right now "In a Blink of an Eye" by Mercy Me, "I will always love you" by Third Day, and "Held" by Natalie Grant are my favorites. I kind of dig the new SuperChick song for some reason?

I friggin hate alot of it though. That cartoon song is the stupidest thing I have ever heard.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

The Statlers are hard to beat when it comes to gospel, How Great Thou Art, Old Rugged Cross, etc. I agree, good music is good music.

• defd
    defd

I am sorry to hear that. Is there anything we can do for you?

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

What's the problem with gospel music Defd?

• defd
    defd

Nutt'n just mess'n wif ak-jeff!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The ONLY song I listen to of this genre is

Joy Williams - By Surprise

• arwen
    arwen

I was brought up with gospel music...played piano...sang with my dad and three sister in harmony in churches...I left it all behind when I got the "troof". I missed it a lot...We sang beautiful Christmas songs together...My sister is a stand up bass player in a Bluegrass Band and she knows a lot of Bluegrass Gospel music and people I have never heard of...This summer I went to a festival on a Sunday and all bluegrass gospel music was playing all day...it was refreshing...I hope someday to get back to the music that I gave up.....The Gaither family has great gospel tunes..

• professor
    professor

I find gospelhousemusic.com totally addicting. It's modern dance house based on gospel. Early house music had gospel influences in an intentionally heretical sort of way. This is a movement of DJ's trying to take the heresy out and steer their message into a spiritual direction. They have a radio station and d.j. mixes that can be downloaded. If you do follow the link, get ready to dance (or at least tap your feet).

• thinker
    thinker

I just bought Souls' Chapel by Marty Stuart. It was recommended in a review by Playboy magazine! I figured it had to be good. Now I'm waiting for the churches to recommmend a good issue of Playboy.

thinker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit