I'm starting to like 'Gospel Music' now - any favorites?

by AK - Jeff 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Listening to the Statler Brothers Gospel Album right now.

Wow - upbuilding and positive and hopefull. How different from the Wt songs that were announcing death and destruction to the world.

Any others out there like Gospel Music since leaving the 'Lie'?

Jeff

• Robdar
    Robdar

The Statler Brothers record some great gospel. I love their version of "How Great Thou Art".

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Robdar -

I remember hearing that SB version on the radio I think - unfortunately it is not on this album.

Yea' - I love the Statler's music anyway. Best harmony around. Right now they are singing "Just a litttle talk with Jesus".

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

Good music is good music.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love good, soulful black gospel music. There's a black soul version of My God Is An Awesome God that's amazing.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Rock of Ages lyrics; 
    Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee; let the water and the blood, from thy wounded side which flowed, be of sin the double cure; save from wrath and make me pure. 

Not the labors of my hands can fulfill thy law's commands; could my zeal no respite know, could my tears forever flow, all for sin could not atone; thou must save, and thou alone. 
    Nothing in my hand I bring, simply to the cross I cling; naked, come to thee for dress; helpless, look to thee for grace; foul, I to the fountain fly; wash me, Savior, or I die. 
    While I draw this fleeting breath, when mine eyes shall close in death, when I soar to worlds unknown, see thee on thy judgment throne, Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in thee. 
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I love good, soulful black gospel music. There's a black soul version of My God Is An Awesome God that's amazing.

FHN - do you know who does it? Jeff

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    FHN - do you know who does it? Jeff

It's on my computer back in Michigan. Let me check. I think I can find out pretty quickly one line.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I had to ask Andy and he says the good soul version of Awesome God is by Kirk Franklin.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I love bluegrass gospel, groups such as Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver. I love old time country gospel as well. Im not much into the contemporary gospel music.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit