Did you ever have a "worldly" boyfiend or girlfriend at school?

by PaulJ 10 Replies latest jw friends

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

If you grew up as a dub, were you ever a bit rebellious and have a "worldly" boyfriend or girlfriend?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I went to an 'all boys' grammar school - having a boyfriend would've been a major lifestyle choice...

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Yes. I was a bad girl. To be honest, I don't know how I got away with it, because there were loads of dubs at my school.

I was a crap girlfriend though, because I could never see anyone outside school hours, so it usually just involved snogging behind the sports hall.

My mum and dad found out about a couple of my boyfriends and put a stop to it.

I did have a JW boyfiend eventually, and I married him. He was an even bigger fiend after the wedding. I should have stuck with those nasty worldly boys.

• scotsman
    scotsman

Yes, I went out with a French girl in my year for 18 months until she moved to Brittany. I was gutted. Didn't have any boyfriends at school... that all happened a bit later.

• PaulJ
    PaulJ

I went out with a couple of girls (well sort of, I never actually went anywhere!) and it was difficult because its not like you can do much for Valentines day or their birthday. At 15 tho I started 'secretly' going out with a girl in the congregation.

• ballistic
    ballistic

No, I had friends who were girls but not "a girl friend".

• delilah
    delilah

YES I DID.....a few.

Delilah

• damselfly
    damselfly

Oh did I ever!!

2nd grade was Dennis. So cute and nice. We used to giggle and talk about naked people.

In grade 4 my boyfriend phoned the house and my mom flipped her lid. It didn't last, he told me he loved me and I thought that was not for me.

In grades 5-8 I always had a boyfriend until the other JW's ratted me out to my parents. I'd have to dump them amd start over again. Sorry boys, I liked you all but mom said no.

Then they pulled me out of school to do homeschooling. No more boys for Damselfly

Dams

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Raised a JW and yes had a "worldy" girlfriend in HS until I had a conscience attack and dumped her in favor of pioneering.. what an idiot!

• feelinglost
    feelinglost

I constantly had worldly boyfriends. I was definitely boy crazy (even got my then best JW friend to be boy crazy). I would have crushes on JW boys, but would always go after the ones at school. Middle school not so much, but once I hit high school (and changed a lot) and got noticed by boys at school. I went to school with a couple of JW boys, but they never ratted on me. Actually the only person who did once, was the female cousin of one of my old JW friends, who was not a JW, didn't go to meetings, really didn't give a crap, but felt it would be fun to tell her mom on me. B*tch. I still don't like her today, but now for various reasons. But my worldly "boyfriends" in high school would never last long- I would start feeling guilty (not to mention like others said, not like I could so anywhere with them, although occasionally I would), so I would break up with them within 2-3 weeks. And one of the guys was so nice to me- I always regretted breaking up with him. And then my first JW boyfriend at 17. He actually would have turned out to be a good guy, but after we broke up (which was just a big misunderstanding), he got involved with a very bad influence (an alledged JW girl in Ohio), and he turned into an ass. Acted like even more of a worldly boy than some worldly boys I knew. So oh well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit